Old 05-18-2010, 04:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have thought about that also!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:07 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by penningta
Its not that I am skimping on the price I understand saftey is the first thing. Its just when my little daughter will be with me I will maybe go about 4 miles from my house. Not on any major roads all streets in a town of about 3500 people. Its not like traffic is crazy. If I was goin any kind of distance I would hands down buy the Britax. Just a little over kill for what I am going to do. We have a very nice one for my wifes car but it does not fit. We just need one to fit in the TA and that is all it would be used for.
So on those trips do you wear your seatbelt? The Britax and Graco's that we have are the convertible ones that have the base on the bottom that fits perfectly in the t/a rear seats. I know you think it's not worth the extra cost, but in the end, it's worth it in my opinion. What's the difference between a good car seat and a cheap one, $100? It's worth it for peace of mind alone.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Launching!

I feel your pain. When I had to use an infant seat, it BARELY fit. And that was with the passenger seat way forward. Luckily my wife is not nearly as tall as I am and she didn't mind. A forward facing seat was not nearly as much of a problem. Just a $70 or so seat from target. Only thing with a forward facing seat - the kid's feet are always in the back of the seat. Older with a booster is much better.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-High...osies/10759857

this is the one my daughter rides in. fits great. i just slide the seat forward and recline it to give her some more room for long *** 2.5 yr old legs! (my kid is almost 3 and as tall as a 4 and or some 5 yr olds.....)
Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist

For everyone questioning the price, do yourself a favor and read up on baby car seats. If your kids are important to you, the last thing you want is to see them get hurt because you didn't want to spend the extra money on a car seat. If I get hurt, I can live with that, but to know that my son or daughter got hurt because of a decision I made is something I could never live with.
couldn't have said it better
Old 05-18-2010, 08:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
So on those trips do you wear your seatbelt? The Britax and Graco's that we have are the convertible ones that have the base on the bottom that fits perfectly in the t/a rear seats. I know you think it's not worth the extra cost, but in the end, it's worth it in my opinion. What's the difference between a good car seat and a cheap one, $100? It's worth it for peace of mind alone.
Im going to get raped for this but most of the time no I dont were my seat belt going to this. Dont ever break 25 mph and like I said I just drove it in my other car its 2.7 miles. To the spot and Ill drive it there and stop and sit for 3 hours or so and then go home. I agree 100% that car seats are not something you need to skimp on. I should of done my homework earlier and bought one of these first. We now have an Eddie Bauer and a Graco. For the vehicles that we travel in. I really dont see any manufactor selling a car seat that isnt safe. Some will be safer than others I understand that.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I really dont think its that any one or the other is better, the most important part is that we use them no matter how much of a pain in the butt they are to use.
Attached Thumbnails Baby car seat for F- body?-img_4219.jpg  
Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

We got this little guy right here. We bought it when it first came out and was close to 300 dollars. We saw a video on it and I was sold. It has little side air bags right by the head that absorb the blow instead of the babies head in case you're in an accident.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3999400
Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 PM
9 Second Club

Ill have to get a set of ear muffs for her also. My car is loud lts, ory, and corsa cat back with ms3 cam. I really think it would be quiter at wot with just headers its almost like the corsa makes it louder . I know for its louder than a 383 with open headers.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:13 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
We got this little guy right here. We bought it when it first came out and was close to 300 dollars. We saw a video on it and I was sold. It has little side air bags right by the head that absorb the blow instead of the babies head in case you're in an accident.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3999400
we almost bought one of those like 7 months ago I cant believe how much the price has come down. Does it fit good?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Sent ya a PM.

Quick Reply: Baby car seat for F- body?