Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

what Quick Detailer for black car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shaun
i used to use the specialty brands like adams and zaino(both very good) but got tired of ordering and waiting so i tryed the ice detailer and i actually think its better than the adams.
i have tryed the megs and i like the ice better also there spray wax it good to you can do the gladd trim any surface on the car it works really well.
i'll second the ice stuff. been using it since i tryied it one day ice polish and the detail stuff does wonders on my junk i've washed the car like three times since the last wax i did and it still runs off like i just waxed it
Old 05-19-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used Meguiar's QD before but I've been using Ice for 2+ years now with no complaints.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used 2 bottles of ICE and this was before I really understood how real wax works and I see why people had said, its considered a "Booster" wax then a true wax. I would call it a hybrid of a Sealant and Booster.

To be Frank, when comparing Sealants, all good ones require it to be worked in a little and ICE at the very least require it to be put on via a applicator, hazed a littled and then wiped off.

That is all fine and good but your doing more work then needed. UQW is simply a mist and wipe. I guess shade will be a consideration and thats the only time I would care about ICE.

I did notice before I re did my wife's car, I had done Ice on the hood, nose, roof, and trunk and it shed water like expected but it was gone after 2-3 weeks and that sucks IMO.

NXT 2.0 on my Buick still shed water well after 5-6 weeks and followed up with a wash and UQW makes it like a new car and it took me less then 5 minutes to do the entire car! ICE takes a good 15-20 mins between applying, and wiping/buffing off.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i've never had a problem with the ice stuff on my light colored stuff but i found it a pain on my moms black vehicle
Old 05-19-2010, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

there is this stuff called the blk box and u can pick it up from autozone, works only on blk cars it comes with a cleaner, wax and a spray detailer, the detailer is off the chain, if u dont like it something wrong, if u buy it let me know how u like it r hate it.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
NXT 2.0 on my Buick still shed water well after 5-6 weeks and followed up with a wash and UQW makes it like a new car and it took me less then 5 minutes to do the entire car! ICE takes a good 15-20 mins between applying, and wiping/buffing off.
nxt 2.0 here too, works great

Quick Reply: what Quick Detailer for black car?