Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

frc's.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question frc's.

i am going to let a member on here paint my frc's for me but i need to know if they need to be cut and if so, where? they are going on a 2000 ls1 with no air/egr. i test fitted them and the drivers side layed down and seem to fit but the passenger side does not clear the big wire loom on the back of the motor. you can't see it in the pic but the passenger side does have a slit cut out to fit around the trottle cable bracket. i am adding a ls6 intake too, will they still fit?

does the passenger side need to look like this?

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/enl..._2106_88153065
Old 05-19-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Just keep doing what your doing fitting them and cut. I didn't need to cut anything on my drivers side and you shouldn't have to either. All you should need to cut on urs is where the wire loom is, the throttle cable bracket, oil dipstick all on the passenger side frc. In the pic you can see where i cut mine. If you have traction control you wont need to cut as much for the throttle cable and yes they will fit the same with the Ls6 intake.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The only thing I had to cut on the drivers side was the hole for the fuel line closest to the front. The passenger side required cutting for the throttle cable bracket and the oil dipstick. My covers fit fine with an LS6 intake manifold on my 01 motor with AIR but no EGR. As far as the wire loom you have to unclip it from the fuel rail and push it out of the way so that the FRC can clip into the coil pack bracket studs. On an AIR equipped car you need to bend and unclip/relocate AIR components but your car doesn't have AIR so that isn't the issue here.

Last edited by ZexGX; 05-21-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

This is good info.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I forgot to mention that I do not have cruise control, so I didn't have to cut extra for that.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

ah this thread is dead, i sent these to a friend, ex friend now, about 3 months ago and he pretty much stole them from me, he will not reply to me or nothing and i don't know what to do to get them back.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

find him and put fist to face.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:23 AM
TECH Regular

heres the short version on the deal we had:

i sent him a set of fuel rail covers to be painted and he won't send them back to me. he got the covers on march 15, 2010. after 2 months of him telling me that he had not worked on them yet due to other things coming up, ok after being very patient about this, i finally ask him to just mail them back to me on may 19th. he said he would and i still have not got them back. i have been very patient about this but i am started to get pissed off and feel that he has no intention of sending them back to me. everytime i ask him about them, he says he don't have time to go to the post office, says he has them boxed up ready to ship back to me. it should not take this long. he owes me a set of covers and $60. i don't know what else to do about getting them back.

I just want my stuff back asap, this has got out of hand. it does not take this long. i talk to a few on here and was told i could go to court about this but i really don't want to do that. i still have all the pms to prove my point.

hes a member on here too.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ How well did you know this guy?
Old 07-18-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

i knew him from another site, he was a well respected member by everyone but now he hasn't been online in 3 weeks. i have his home address, tracking number and all our pms to prove my point. i just don't know how to go about doing it.

Quick Reply: frc's.