Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Girlfriend Backed into my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Yes I do on my Yamaha R1 and DD Car
Well it sounds like your GF company views you as a Dom. partner. You will need to see if you can have a claim coverage dispute inputted and see IF they will view you not as Dom. partners.

I DOUBT that will happen but calling the Ins. Commissioner or Consumer Affairs probably will not yield much as for the most part, they follow their rules that are approved by said Ins. Dept of your state.

GL
Old 06-10-2010, 07:13 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by King Nothing
seriously though i'd call the insurance back and tell them to fix it
I laugh when I get calls like that. Thats up there with...

"My Policy price is higher, I want it back to what it was last year without changing anything!"
Old 06-10-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you even bother reporting it to the insurance co? Honestly...this couldn't be settled between you and her? If her insurance company ends up paying out to fix your car, she's going to be stuck most likely with a chargeable property damage accident and pay a higher rate for her insurance for the next 3 yrs. (I'm in CA and chargeable PD accident is charged for 3yrs)

Save the insurance for something major or with some random stranger.

Buy insurance for your car, get an estimate done for the repair if it's that big of a deal.

Last edited by LS1MONSTER; 06-10-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by LS1MONSTER
Why would you even bother reporting it to the insurance co? Honestly...this couldn't be settled between you and her? If her insurance company ends up paying out to fix your car, she's going to be stuck most likely with a chargeable property damage accident and pay a higher rate for her insurance for the next 3 yrs. (I'm in CA and chargeable PD accident is charged for 3yrs)

Save the insurance for something major or with some random stranger.

Buy insurance for your car, get an estimate done for the repair if it's that big of a deal.
Agreed, def more aggrivation then its worth. As for Surcharge, all companies have different thresholds, also the $$ paid maters. Some companies charge for 5 years, some 3, either way its looked at not having 3-5 years of clean driving.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I give up on trying to have anything nice. **** this economy and **** living pay check to pay check. Im selling the god damn car.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Originally Posted by King Nothing
seriously though i'd call the insurance back and tell them to fix it
I laugh when I get calls like that.
Yeah, because telling the insurance company to do something that you have been paying them for for years is silly!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not sure if it works the same here as it does in other states, but we're a "No Fault" state I believe. Not sure what the legalities are of this, but an employee of mine brought in a document from her insurance company asking her if she wanted to opt in or out. Basically if she opts in she's under no fault coverage meaning if she plowed someone or got plowed she couldn't sue the other person. If she opts out she agrees to be able to sue someone for damages but also agrees to be sued if she hits someone. Not sure if this would apply.

Dunno about you guys but I hate paying for "In Case ****" and never having an accident. I understand the point of it, but for a lot of people it's a waste of money.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
Yeah, because telling the insurance company to do something that you have been paying them for for years is silly!
It's called group risk for a reason. So Pay up Sucka.

Quick Reply: Girlfriend Backed into my car