Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Shampooing carpet

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Shampooing carpet

Well my cars interior is perfect except for the carpet. Lets just say the previous owner had a problem holding onto their coke bottles when they drove my car . seems like under every seat and floor mat there are coke stains. I was just wondering if anyone has shampooed the carpet themselves. I always see those shampooers at lowes and home depot, anyone use those lol?
Old 06-11-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The two largest factors for professional extractors is heat (water temperature) and pressure of the water going into the carpet. Those help the most in dislodging and dissolving dirt and stains. If the machine is not in the neighborhood of 200 degrees and 100+ psi, you'll probably achieve similar results by hand with a wet/dry vac.

This is a very good reference for doing it by hand: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...g-carpets.html

And here is an example of the actual process and results: http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-det...abatement.html
Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
Well my cars interior is perfect except for the carpet. Lets just say the previous owner had a problem holding onto their coke bottles when they drove my car . seems like under every seat and floor mat there are coke stains. I was just wondering if anyone has shampooed the carpet themselves. I always see those shampooers at lowes and home depot, anyone use those lol?
Gets some Meguiar's All Purpouse Cleaner Diluted and a good water extractor.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=42171

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=43282

Tuck91 here does some good work and his carpets always look brand new.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a great link Zano, I really like the detail, I could not find anything on short notice but you see HOW MUCH goes into fixing things like this.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

see mine doesnt look that bad but you can see the stains if you look closly. i wonder if there is a machine you can rent to do this. i think a machine would do an even better job.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just get a good carpet cleaner and use a little green machine...
Old 06-11-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by twitchtwice

twitch good post man, i got the same issues. sucks cuz my interior is tan. so under my seat looks like a few soda stains as well. i was wondering what i can use to get those stains removed.

Quick Reply: Shampooing carpet