Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

emblempros.com brings another product to the table - lighted door sills

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
Not a problem for me,

But- now there is shipping costs added for two directionsm and also time. We have powdercoaters here as well, but if your guys price is right it could well be worth it.
Also what colors do I have done? What I think would be popular, or only on a presold basis?
On a presold basis I would agree that this is a good idea. On a preguess basis not a good ldea. We have limited room available for storage, and trying to store finished parts could end up causing damage to them.
The best thing for us, is to get a product completed, and then out of our hands to the customer.
So if you guys want to get a list together for a group purchase, Im good with it. I just need to get powder coating costs.

Thanks, Roger
I think ultimately your best bet is to go with pre-ordered pieces. but we both know how that goes...... everyone wants, no one buys.

I DO WANT a set, but they need to be PC'd black (it's just my choice). Now, how hard would assembly be if you sent the pieces to me and I powder and build it? Is that even a possibility for you? I think Mark (6LE) wants a set too.

-Mike
Old 12-01-2010, 05:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
Did u get my email dragon? It's a birthday/christmas present.
Got it,

I am trying to figure out the best way to make it.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Lt1Powerz
Not sure if this has been covered or not but i dont have time to read through 9 pages of this to find out but what is the price range we are looking at here?
http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/7986
Here you go.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE
I think ultimately your best bet is to go with pre-ordered pieces. but we both know how that goes...... everyone wants, no one buys.

I DO WANT a set, but they need to be PC'd black (it's just my choice). Now, how hard would assembly be if you sent the pieces to me and I powder and build it? Is that even a possibility for you? I think Mark (6LE) wants a set too.

-Mike
Mike,
I can send you the blanks to have powdercoated, but we will have to final build it here. We went through a lot of trial and error to figure it out. And it would be very hard to explain. There is more to it than simple wiring.
So yes, we can do that with you. I was talking to Mark about this previously, and there was something else he had going on at that time.
Just let me know.

Thanks, Roger

Last edited by dragonZ28; 12-01-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Launching!

Ah nice! Thank you! When you get this thing all figured out i will be ordering some :]
Old 12-02-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Mike,
I can send you the blanks to have powdercoated, but we will have to final build it here. We went through a lot of trial and error to figure it out. And it would be very hard to explain. There is more to it than simple wiring.
So yes, we can do that with you. I was talking to Mark about this previously, and there was something else he had going on at that time.
Just let me know.

Thanks, Roger
Thanks buddy! Any idea what 2 sets of blanks might cost to ship to my work address in Hollywood, CA 90038?
Old 12-03-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

they should come wire up 12 volt already .. i like them but another $10 for the wiring harness when their already $250 is a bit much . love your products and have some of them but you should consider 12v as the standard wiring batteries shouldnt even be an option
Old 12-04-2010, 05:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mushroom281
they should come wire up 12 volt already .. i like them but another $10 for the wiring harness when their already $250 is a bit much . love your products and have some of them but you should consider 12v as the standard wiring batteries shouldnt even be an option
It seems an explanation is in order. I will warn you, I am long winded.
The wiring for the sills and the plugs used, depends on the drivers used. The drivers depend on whether these are fully lit, or only in the center.
Now for the other reason: GM WILL NOT ALLOW US TO SELL UNITS THAT WIRE TO THE CAR. As I have previously said these will be GM licensed items, So......
We have to sell the wires seperately. So the base unit operates on batteries, but if you as the owner want to wire it up, then the option of the wiring for that is there, on the site.
It's not fair to charge everyone for wires, if not everyone want wires. so.
1) GM says these need to be sold as battery operated.
2) If you are happy with battery operation, you should not pay for wires.
3) If you want to wire them up, then you should pay for wires.
Based upon what we have been told by GM, and what is fair for the customer, this is the proper way to do it.

I realize you did not know any of that ahead of time. However asking why something is done, would be better than assuming we are "UP" charging anyone.
Also there are many many sets of lit door sills selling in excess of $400.00 on the internet. and not customized like ours are. This I am positive of.
As a matter of fact I have seen them for sale at $600.00.
$250.00 is a huge freaking bargain. I challenge you to make me an identical set and tell me what is costs you, in "materials, machine time, and assembly time". I already know that answer, and I guarantee our costs are lower than what you would get.
I really hate it when we get accused of overcharging customers. You guys have had sponsors on this board before that have done that crap, but it was never from us.
There are three of us here who completely disect a price before it gets posted. And we all have to agree on what it is. Here is our pricing criteria.
1) What is an item worth. Price for "comparable" items selling elsewhere.
2) What is fair to the customer. Perceived value from the customers perspective.
3) How much are we going to make for our time and costs invested. Simply is it worth it?
4) What is the pricing point to keep others from entering the market. This one speaks for itself.

So prices are not simply decided with a throw of the dice around here. All of these criteria are used to calculate a final cost,
and how to market something.

Thanks, Roger

Last edited by dragonZ28; 12-04-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:36 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks buddy! Any idea what 2 sets of blanks might cost to ship to my work address in Hollywood, CA 90038?

I will try to get you a cost tomorrow. We are working on Sunday, so I will be at the computer all day.

Thanks man, Roger

Last edited by dragonZ28; 12-05-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will try to get you a cost tomorrow. We are worknig on Sunday, so I will be at the computer all day.

Thanks man, Roger
Roger will Dave Hamburger let you use the SLP logo? or is that a no go along with the firehawk logo?
Attached Thumbnails emblempros.com brings another product to the table - lighted door sills-slp-logo-065b8776a8-seeklogo.com.gif  
Old 12-04-2010, 06:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bj350hp
Roger will Dave Hamburger let you use the SLP logo? or is that a no go along with the firehawk logo?
We are intending to approach him again about it.
we probably turn down at least 10 orders a month Firehawk related.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 12-05-2010, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

roger, did u get my new font email?
Old 12-05-2010, 02:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
roger, did u get my new font email?
Yes,

I sent you a reply. See what it looks like, and let me know.

Thanks Kevin.

Last edited by dragonZ28; 12-05-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can you use the 4th gen z28 logo? like the ones found on the fenders and rear bumper?

Id like mine to read CAMARO Z28 in cool white
Old 12-06-2010, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by whitdog54
Can you use the 4th gen z28 logo? like the ones found on the fenders and rear bumper?

Id like mine to read CAMARO Z28 in cool white

That is a GM logo, and we have to wait for the official permission.
We will be able to though., once we are all finished with it.

Last edited by dragonZ28; 12-08-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

Ok,

Here is what we should do. If you guys want two sets. Lets get the customization details, and orders placed.
Shipping blanks to you, powder coating, and shipping back to us would be additional. The shipping of two sets of the blanks would be about $16.00 each way. Powdercoating from your guy. I am not sure of the cost?
While they are being powdercoated, we can be making sure we have all materials required, and gettiing the work done here we can do.
Please let me know.

Thanks, Roger
Old 12-07-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 904 Likes on 645 Posts

Well now there's 11.

Black powdercoated w/ the Firehawk logo, I'm in!

I hope it works out.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Well now there's 11.

Black powdercoated w/ the Firehawk logo, I'm in!

I hope it works out.
There are two logos involved here.
One is owned by SLP, the other is a B.F. Goodrich logo.
Even getting one, does not mean you get permission for the other. If we were to get permission for the text, and not the bird we would still be here talking about it. Because you guys want both.
And this is not something we are in control of in any way.
I know you guys may not like permission not being given for the firehawk stuff, but you are talking to the wrong guy. It could be 100 orders and I cannot change it.
The guy is David Hamburger, and he is on this board.

Mr. Hamburger if you are/or ever do end up reading this thread, please contact us with some information about using the Firehawk logos. They are being sold all over eBay anyway, and at car shows as cheap decals. Surely a nice stainless emblem would do better service to these cars.

Thanks, Roger

Last edited by dragonZ28; 12-08-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:14 PM
FormerVendor

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew, Something we are doing now is offering "ecoupons" These are like gift Certificates you can purchase. Here is how it works.
1) You purchase a "ecooupon" in any amount you like.
2) We will email you a coupon code specifically for your "ecoupon"
3) This can be used at anytime, or the code can be used by anyone you give it to.

A great gift for a last minute thoughts. here is the link:http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/10976

This is something we are going to not stop doing, it will be part of our regular operation from now on. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks, Roger

Quick Reply: emblempros.com brings another product to the table - lighted door sills