Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone know whos car this is???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard top Camaro's = Sex.
Hard top T/A's = Puke.

Call me biased but i've heard Pontiac guys say the same thing.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default T/Top / Hardtop

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
No they didn't. I think there was one 98 prototype built but show me ONE other one. You cant because there wasn't one.
I ordered mine in june 99 and at time of ordering i had a choice of a transam with T/Tops or a hardtop because sales were slow pontiac were building f-bodys to order i even had a choice of colour of interior, and it was then shipped to the UK 6 months later, Reason i know this is because dealer i ordered with had a hardtop shipped over by mistake and it clearly stated on my order form that i ordered a t/top so i had to wait another 3 months (6months in total).
Old 11-16-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-trans-am.html

Post #7
Old 11-16-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by firebatbirdv8
I ordered mine in june 99 and at time of ordering i had a choice of a transam with T/Tops or a hardtop because sales were slow pontiac were building f-bodys to order i even had a choice of colour of interior, and it was then shipped to the UK 6 months later, Reason i know this is because dealer i ordered with had a hardtop shipped over by mistake and it clearly stated on my order form that i ordered a t/top so i had to wait another 3 months (6months in total).
Ok...show me one. Prove me wrong and show me and everybody else one besides the prototype. None were made.

It was an "option" on the order sheet but it was a required option....you couldnt get the Trans Am package without getting T-Tops and Leather.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the car minus the lip kit on the bumper, I don't mind the hard top either..
Old 11-16-2010, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
i actually like it but like what everyone else said.... that aint no LS1 unless its a Formy or Firebird with T/A parts cause it dosent even have the fog lights in the front but for the OP i have no idea who's this is i dont think ive ever seen it
It doesn't need fog lights to be an LS1, on track nights id remove the front bumper support of my TA which would also remove the fog lights. I, though not the smartest move would roll around all week with the bumper support and fog lights removed if i knew i was headed to the track again the next weekend.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Ok...show me one. Prove me wrong and show me and everybody else one besides the prototype. None were made.

It was an "option" on the order sheet but it was a required option....you couldnt get the Trans Am package without getting T-Tops and Leather.
Are you refering to ALL 4th gen trans Ams? I had a 1996 Trans am with cloth seats and hard top.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BL96TA
Are you refering to ALL 4th gen trans Ams?
no, ls1 t/a's
Old 11-16-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ape Man
Read the post...thats a 93.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BL96TA
Are you refering to ALL 4th gen trans Ams? I had a 1996 Trans am with cloth seats and hard top.
No just 98-02s. HT Lt1 cars are fairly common.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

Yes thats right, it was a required option as pontiac were building to order because of low sales, and dealership here ordered hardtop by mistake and so had to reorder which took another 3 months to get here they tried to argue saying i ordered a hardtop, but when i showed them my order form which clearly stated t/tops they said a very big sorry and gave me free servicing for a year starting from first service.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by firebatbirdv8
Yes thats right, it was a required option as pontiac were building to order because of low sales, and dealership here ordered hardtop by mistake and so had to reorder which took another 3 months to get here they tried to argue saying i ordered a hardtop, but when i showed them my order form which clearly stated t/tops they said a very big sorry and gave me free servicing for a year starting from first service.
PIC???????????? Just one.............well one showing it is a LS1 TA. Not of a Formula with TA bumbers.

I guess all the literature on these cars and production number info is wrong and you are right. Just PROVE just one was made.