Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Slammed, murdered, & shaved.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i heard from lots of people tinting the windshield will creat a hard surface in the event your face smashes the windshield or you go through it. like you would normally go through it as a safty feature, but the tint stops you = your face smashed way worse. killing you more than likely. going through it is probably no fun but id take that over the face smash.

when people say flat black they usually mean satin. satin has some shine but no gloss. like on rob and big. his car was satin. flat looks like straight primer.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First off let me say that I really dig the shaved bird!

I dont however like all black with black rims unless its a matt or flat black. Dull tires dont do it for me. But I have an obesession with tire shine ;x
Old 06-28-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shamson5.7
First off let me say that I really dig the shaved bird!

I dont however like all black with black rims unless its a matt or flat black. Dull tires dont do it for me. But I have an obesession with tire shine ;x
I dont like dull tires ether dude, but at the same time i cant stand when they are soaked with armorall. I put on the tire **** the night before so it would be dry the next day, thats just how i roll.

Thanks for the compliment. Would you guys be interested in buying a shaved front plate cover? I might start making them...Just a idea.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onoiocoko
i heard from lots of people tinting the windshield will creat a hard surface in the event your face smashes the windshield or you go through it. like you would normally go through it as a safty feature, but the tint stops you = your face smashed way worse. killing you more than likely. going through it is probably no fun but id take that over the face smash.
That is completely incorrect. Windshields are made with laminated safety glass, two sheets of glass sandwiching a sheet of clear plastic between them. I can assure you that sheet of plastic is far more durable than any layer of tint you may put on the windshield.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackWS666
Thanks for the compliment. Would you guys be interested in buying a shaved front plate cover? I might start making them...Just a idea.
Now theres an idea!!

Car looks great btw!

Originally Posted by onoiocoko
Wear your seatbelt!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

it looks sinister as hell i love it.. how is the paint maintenance?
Old 06-29-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
it looks sinister as hell i love it.. how is the paint maintenance?
To be 100% honest, i dont upkeep the paint that well. Its all been done within the last year, and most of the time i use windex and a micro fiber towel, thats about it. Thanks dude.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Semper Fi guys! Sorry bout the delay as I haven't been on much. Tomorrow I'll park my 02 Firebird (WITH TINTED WINDSHIELD) next to my 00 Trans Am (WITHOUT TINTED WINDSHIELD) so there'll be a side-by-side comparison. Both have the side and rear windows tinted. Again, sorry for the delay.

On a side note: I'm trying to re-enter the Corps into the MOS of 0211 Counter Intel (formerly 0811 Artillery). Re-enlistment bonus of $90,000 for E-5 Sgt and above! Watch the aftermarket fly on my project Trans Am then!!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks wicked... as well it should... gotta get some pics of mine up here.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Trans Am on the left has a clear windshield and my Firebird on the right has 40% tinted windshield.

Attached Thumbnails Slammed, murdered, & shaved.-windshields.jpg  
Old 06-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Teching In

wow i love the murdered out look! super sexy!!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks nice!

Old 07-01-2010, 05:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Swiat34
Semper Fi guys! Sorry bout the delay as I haven't been on much. Tomorrow I'll park my 02 Firebird (WITH TINTED WINDSHIELD) next to my 00 Trans Am (WITHOUT TINTED WINDSHIELD) so there'll be a side-by-side comparison. Both have the side and rear windows tinted. Again, sorry for the delay.

On a side note: I'm trying to re-enter the Corps into the MOS of 0211 Counter Intel (formerly 0811 Artillery). Re-enlistment bonus of $90,000 for E-5 Sgt and above! Watch the aftermarket fly on my project Trans Am then!!

i know this is off topic but im tryin to go back to the military also im tryin to have my R-E code changed from the Navy so i can join the Marines but its a bitch to have a code changed but hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do
Old 07-01-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
i know this is off topic but im tryin to go back to the military also im tryin to have my R-E code changed from the Navy so i can join the Marines but its a bitch to have a code changed but hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do
Go to your local recruiting office, and let them know whats going on. Im sure they will assist you in whatever is needed. Good luck
Old 07-01-2010, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great. I've been wanting to do that to mine. I started working on the license plate cover last year and only recently got it painted: https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...n-blended.html I am thinking about reproducing it myself for all the people in need... 6LE's fiberglass guy has mine right now, and if he doesn't make a mold then I will, now that I have a good idea how to create fiberglass molds. I've been wanting to get into making molds for a while now and the front plate was good motivation.

How did you do the drivers side headlight cover?

What filler did you use for the rear bumper?

Last edited by ZexGX; 07-01-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Slammed, murdered, & shaved.