Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Camaro Fog Switch in a T/A???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Camaro Fog Switch in a T/A???

Anyone know if the fog light switch from a 98-02 camaro will fit in 98-02 T/A?? attempting to round up pieces for a ***** and switches swap..... Couldn't find anything in search
thanks
Old 07-02-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

different size, i bleve. also the camaro guys have big ugly ****, not like the nice little fog switch you have. Id recommend some time with tape and some paint; i actually did camaro hvac and im swapping back to ta ***** but painted, just cause it seems to match better.

door switches dont fit, although i believe if you pull the buttons themselves to swap it would. At that point id just grab nice switches from a newer car (since itll require some electrical work anyway)
Old 07-02-2010, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

What kind of "electrical work" is needed In just swapping window and lock buttons???
Old 07-02-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

either youre pulling the buttons out of the camaro switch panel and putting it in the ta one, or youre fabbing the panel to fit the door.

I never checked to see if the button packs have the same plugs, cause as soon as i realized it was any amount of work i decided im going with bmw switches
Old 07-02-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish350
different size, i bleve. also the camaro guys have big ugly ****, not like the nice little fog switch you have. Id recommend some time with tape and some paint; i actually did camaro hvac and im swapping back to ta ***** but painted, just cause it seems to match better.

door switches dont fit, although i believe if you pull the buttons themselves to swap it would. At that point id just grab nice switches from a newer car (since itll require some electrical work anyway)
Camaros don't have a big ugly **** for fogs...
Old 07-02-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

hahaha, no disrespect

i hugely prefer the 1/2" TA fog switch thats lighted with a little window that shows "hey, dummy, thisafoglight". IIRC the camaros have a door-switch sized switch thats printed?
Old 07-02-2010, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

I've someone on here with the camaro window/lock switches installed in a t/a. Figured the switches would just be interchangable. What type of paint may i ask do you plan on using?? I also saw a thread on here, where someone used some type of dye to make there ***** black.

edit: here you go, vinyl dye
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ght-*****.html
Old 07-02-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

i plan on using some matte engine enamel, for durability. Ive seen people use dye (like you said), interior parts/vinyl paint, etc.

Couple names that come to mind specifically are vikingramair, who always seems to pop up in this section, and transsam.