Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Eagle One Keep Clean Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs down Eagle One Keep Clean Wheel

Let me start off by saying I didn't have high hopes for this stuff to begin with, but I got it for free, so I figured I would try it out. I was thinking it might make it easier to get brake dust off at least. The wheels are black/polished lip C5 Z06 motorsports.

I followed the instructions exactly, and I used a different amount on each wheel trying to find the optimum amount, ~1 spray for the entire wheel to ~3 sprays for a wheel. This was the last thing I put on the car, then I put on the tire shine and left it overnight. In the morning there was this pale blue chalky haze over the whole wheel, with what looked like really bad water spots all over. I tried to just wipe it off, but I ended up having to wash the wheels over again to get it off.

Long story short, if you're thinking about trying this stuff, don't waste the money.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

i picked up nx wheel cleanner today its the stuff that foamed up first and i was very pleased took off all of the brake dust
Old 07-20-2010, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by therobman
i picked up nx wheel cleanner today its the stuff that foamed up first and i was very pleased took off all of the brake dust
Yea, I have no problems with the foaming wheel cleaner stuff. This spray is what is supposed to keep brake dust and whatnot from sticking to the wheel, making it easier to just wipe off. Oh well, like they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I usually just use a seperate microfiber and dunk it in the wash bucket last thing and wash up the wheels. Tried this mainly for in between washes when I just quick detail the car.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only thing i use is armor all wheel cleaner with the chrome rim on the bottle that stuff works wonders for me
Old 07-21-2010, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Eagle One sucks and never worked well for me. The best cleaner for wheels I have found is the Meguiras Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. This stuff is amazing and I have a BMW 330i with the most difficult rims to clean with tons of slots. The brake dust on these BMW's is a nightmare, but soaking the wheels down with this stuff and using high pressure to clean off the wheels come so clean I can use a white glove on them. This is all I use now and had a bottle of eagle one I threw away this past weekend.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well on further inspection detailing my car today, there are some places around the lip of each wheel where the spots are not coming off. I've tried just about everything, including using a light compound. I can't be 100% sure but it almost looks like it has actually etched the paint

I'm going to call them tommorrow and have a few words...
Old 08-03-2010, 10:23 PM
The House is Rockin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo98z
I'm going to call them tommorrow and have a few words...

good luck with that, they will probably put you on hold
Old 08-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Captain Double Post

Yeah don't use this crap product, I washed my wheels 45 mins after I put it on good thing I did , I put it on my work truck wasn't to bad on a silver rim but f d up all the black lug nuts and didn't dry all the way clear in areas , I did use it how it said , they can shove that infomercial, look it repels honey and acid , last time I checked all it repeled was a nice shinney wheel behind the white film that crap leaves, I know I'm rambling but do not use

Quick Reply: Eagle One Keep Clean Wheel