Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior door light

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior door light

ok by the inside door handle theres the red light that shines out of the plastic peice behind the handle. i wanna swap the light inside there for an LED. but its actually like a plastic tube with a red peice of plastic inside the tube. anyone know of anyway to get this red peice out without breaking the tube?
Old 07-29-2010, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a good grip on that slippery little bulb and pull it straight out.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 07-29-2010, 07:19 AM
11 Second Club

I used tape to grip the bulb and pull it out on the driver side, and broke the passenger side bulb trying to pull it out. Put LED's in and for some reason the driver side puts out a lot more light than the passenger side so I'll have to take the passenger side back apart and see whats up with that.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

I pryed the plastic piece off from behind the hole the light shines through, and made the hole a bit bigger, and shoved the led directly in the hole. I used a 74-x from superbrightleds. com...if u see a pic of the bulb u will see the top of the bulb is smaller in diameter that the body. On my car just the head of the buld is showing.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HA! I just pulled out the stock bulbs. Drilled a hole into the tube thingy the bulbs were in, just barely breaking through the bezel. I then inserted the LEDs into the holes, then glued the LEDs in place with silicone adhesive. Then wahlah!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by green28
I used tape to grip the bulb and pull it out on the driver side, and broke the passenger side bulb trying to pull it out. Put LED's in and for some reason the driver side puts out a lot more light than the passenger side so I'll have to take the passenger side back apart and see whats up with that.
Did you ever find out why the passenger side wasn't as bright. My passenger side is also not as bright as the drivers side.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

likely that the pass. bulb is wired into another circuit with a higher current draw. These cars were wired in Canada afterall >.<
Old 08-12-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine were plug and play, both sides are equally bright. Im thinking about changing them to white tho.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:13 AM
12 Second Club

The main thing with the LED's in the hand pocket area is to make sure the contacts are clean and apply a tiny bit of di-electric. Both of my red #74 LED's are bright and produce the same output on each side of the car.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Judge Smales
Did you ever find out why the passenger side wasn't as bright. My passenger side is also not as bright as the drivers side.
Took it apart and messed with it but still doesn't look as good.

likely that the pass. bulb is wired into another circuit with a higher current draw. These cars were wired in Canada afterall >.<
The LED's were the same brightness on both sides so thats not the issue. It's once they are plugged into the holder and travels up and back down that clear plastic that the passenger side doesn't disperse the light good.

I checked out my brothers car that still has the OEM bulbs and seemed like his was the same way, brighter on the driver side than the passenger. But it looks like thecobrahunter had some luck with his by breaking out the drill.

Quick Reply: Interior door light