Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

vertical doors install HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are freaking awesome.

I'd like to see a T/A with the scissor doors, completely hovering over the front fenders...no entry/exit issues at all with those,
Old 09-03-2010, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSus
Those are freaking awesome.

I'd like to see a T/A with the scissor doors, completely hovering over the front fenders...no entry/exit issues at all with those,
Those are basically scissor doors. Scissor doors usually go up and down only, like a Lambo (those go up and down, but also out like stock). If your referring to doors like a Enzo or McLaren F1 have, those are butterfly doors, usually hinged by where the mirror is on our cars. If your referring to doors like the Koenigsegg CCR has, those are Dihedral Synchro-helix doors.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
God after how many people have banged the door and me myself getting in and out of the car with 6' doors that barly open enough to let you out when your next to someone, i would be on those "overplayed" doors like a crack ***** on cocaine if i found them that cheap! Nice work dude you make me very jealous.\
my thoughts exactly! its like a damn yoga/gymnastics routine trying to get out of the car when parked close to another car
Old 09-03-2010, 02:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
my thoughts exactly! its like a damn yoga/gymnastics routine trying to get out of the car when parked close to another car
haha omg ya i know man, alot of hip movement and grunting sounds.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try it with a cage & a bad knee.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by squee
Those are basically scissor doors. Scissor doors usually go up and down only, like a Lambo (those go up and down, but also out like stock). If your referring to doors like a Enzo or McLaren F1 have, those are butterfly doors, usually hinged by where the mirror is on our cars. If your referring to doors like the Koenigsegg CCR has, those are Dihedral Synchro-helix doors.
I didn't realize there were so many...I don't know what I meant anymore, ha.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

i like it.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by McNord@6LE
Try it with a cage & a bad knee.
+1... following knee surgery last year... I couldn't even get in the damn the car for 3 months. Damn good thing I also have a Sliverado
Old 09-04-2010, 03:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hear ya...Bad knee, bad back, 6'1 hitting my damn head on the roof of the car, and not to mention, when parked next to another car, putting my fingers on the outside so it doesn't hit the car next to me and squishing my damn fingers, yada yada.

Originally Posted by GSus
I didn't realize there were so many...I don't know what I meant anymore, ha.
Theres actually alot more than just those. lol Gullwing doors, suicide doors, raptor doors (recoil actuated pivoting torsion orbital retractor doors, or basically what the CCR has, but made by an aftermarket company and trademarked as r.a.p.t.o.r. doors), blah, blah...you probably meant butterfly doors, since Dihedral Synchro-helix doors are more like vertical and beside the fender (Google Koenigsegg CCR).
Old 09-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Launching!

So i just went my first car show after these were installed and everyone loved them i agree lambo doors on a Fboby but i feel like i pulled it off
they look sick all the models came over and pick my car outta 100 cars to take pics with

I even made the door panels my self and paint the hinges red to match cars paint....

The door panels weree very easy to do and only cost 40$ if you need help give me a heads up all u need is a staple and hot glue gun and 20$ in material

Quick Reply: vertical doors install HELP