Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Whistler do you need to sand with krylon fusion

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Whistler do you need to sand with krylon fusion

Ok headlights in oven right now...bout to pull lenses and mask my question if Im using krylon fusion gloss black do I still need to sand the inside of the light? I heard with this paint you dont have to but want to see what you guys think. Thank you for a quick response.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

i would still scuff it up a little bit. better safe than sorry.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the Krylon fusion paints chemically bond to the surface but I would scuff them up slightly with 2000 grit just for peace of mind.. good luck and post pics of finished product.. I'm still debating whether to do mine or not
Old 08-07-2010, 11:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just hit them with some 2000 or 1500 paper and then wipe them down with some alcahol and dont forget to paint the inside of the lense on the bottom.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the tips guys so far headlights came apart smoothly no issues. Took a razor blade and removed all the old silicone so I can get a good bond. I bought clear rtv sealant but after reviewing some threads I think I'm going to pick up some black. Also need to find some low adhesive tape for the reflectors any idea where to pick that up? Maybe home depot, lowes or autozone. Pics will be posted as soon as finished, taking my time so hopefully no issues thanks for all advice.....and one more thing gotta love LS1tech, I had a response in less than four minutes lol faster than searching around google!! Just love this place
Old 08-08-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sicLS1
Thanks for the tips guys so far headlights came apart smoothly no issues. Took a razor blade and removed all the old silicone so I can get a good bond. I bought clear rtv sealant but after reviewing some threads I think I'm going to pick up some black. Also need to find some low adhesive tape for the reflectors any idea where to pick that up? Maybe home depot, lowes or autozone. Pics will be posted as soon as finished, taking my time so hopefully no issues thanks for all advice.....and one more thing gotta love LS1tech, I had a response in less than four minutes lol faster than searching around google!! Just love this place
3M blue painters tape and go with the black RTV.

Quick Reply: Whistler do you need to sand with krylon fusion