Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LED help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED help

Just put LEDs into my Map Lights and my Dome Light and they are staying lit. The Map lights were working as normal until I put in the Dome light.

I took the old dome out put the new one in.. Light didnt work. Took the new one out put it back in still nothing took it out put it back in and finally got it to turn on.Put the cover on, turned the key fired the car up and then killed it and closed the door and hit the key fob to lock it up.

Lights stayed on.

Whats going on?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Just tried playing with it again.. took LED dome light out and put back in the factory.. still staying lit when I turn the car off and close the doors and lock it up.

Took out the map lights and left just the factory dome in. And it still stayed lit up also.

Im totally lost.

EDIT: Ive been searching for an answer and I am finding out that sometimes its normal when our cars turn off that the lights stay on. My question is what would cause them to stay on after I just changed the dome light?

When im saying they are staying on they are not dim and burning they are full bright and dont stop.. They stay lit when the car is turned on also.

Last edited by Screamin_99; 08-19-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

after u turn off the car and shut the doors and lock it the lights should stay on for a second then start to dim down and turn off.. thats how its always been for me at least.. you have a weird problem lol
Old 08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

Mine worked like that before.. When I had all regular bulbs and when I had just the map lights in.

When I put the dome light in is when the problems started.

Maybe I should open the doors.. take the ground and power off the battery, put the lights in and try again?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Regular

NVM its working now... somehow I hit the dimmer switch all the way up, and I didnt know it. So im checking everything and can't find the problem.

My lights go out 100% no slight burn or anything. woohoo
Old 08-20-2010, 10:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
NVM its working now... somehow I hit the dimmer switch all the way up, and I didnt know it. So im checking everything and can't find the problem.

My lights go out 100% no slight burn or anything. woohoo
lolllllll
Old 08-20-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

I know right? Im setting out there kicking my self because now my old bulbs are trashed and the new ones aren't going to work and then finally I noticed the dimmer was up too far.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

saw this one coming haha
Old 08-20-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Southernsnow
saw this one coming haha
I have to laugh about it now, because after I got done I came inside and looked and got on tech. Noticed that it was a problem for some people with the lights staying DIM after the car was off. I started thinking.. Maybe my car has a short or faulty wiring and its causing them to burn constant.

The whole time im thinking and then I go out before I decide to lay down and check that damn dimmer switch and sure enough.

Quick Reply: LED help