Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Attn detailers: looking for pics...silver

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn detailers: looking for pics...silver

If any of you have detailed pics (I'm sure you have) of a silver car, suv, truck, w/e; could y'all please post before and after pics please?

My T/A has minor swirls in the clear, can only be seen in the right light and at the right angle. i would like to take care of this, however, being silver I wonder if it would even be worth it. I've clayed washed and lovingly hand waxed my baby, with amazing results.

I'm just wondering if there's more that I can do to make people want to shat themselves when seen.

ALSO!!!

I need a little touch up...so, if anyone has the p/n for the generic duplicolor touchup pen in my color, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again
Old 09-03-2010, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I detail a lot of cars as a side gig. The one car that I have NOT detailed (when I say detail, I mean completely compund and polish) is my own personaly car, just because it is silver. i still get compliments all the time on how great the paint looks. I just occasionally apply Meguairs #7 glaze to temporarily mask the swirls, and the wax I use has a lot of fillers that hide defects. Not that my paint is in bad shape...but like you said, swirls car be seen at certain angles in certain lighting.

The amount of time it takes to properly do it, there is just not an increase in the WOW factor to justify doing it IMO. Silver metallic is so bright when the sun hits it, that you can't see swirls in the sun...it's too blinding. And like you said, only under very rare lighting conditions can swirls be seen. My black top, however, has been compounded and polished a few times...but the silver just isn't worth my time!
Old 09-03-2010, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Those were my thoughts exactly. I just bought a Harbor freight polisher to play around with....I know, a big no-no. But I was going to practice on an older truck of mine.

Eventually, I want a black sail panel, mirrors as well. Not too sure about the hood and hatch/spoiler yet.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you know i can bring myself to wanting to do a black sail panel on my silver car altough when i finish fixing the ram air hood i picked up im painting it satin black with silver BB stripes
Old 09-03-2010, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so basically it'll be reversed (hood), correct?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know it's off topic, but I suppose I can hijack my own thread.

I've always wanted a red WS6, with silver stripes. Now, when I say silver, I'm talking 1980's skeeter bass boat heavy flake silver. Y'all can mullet it all you want; I've seen only one like it in person...freaking sweet!

Quick Reply: Attn detailers: looking for pics...silver