Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

No updates in almost a year?... Dead thread...

Originally Posted by Blazen Fire
I hope this turns out good. I would love to see a working conversion kit like this that doesnt cost freaken 1000 bucks.
Do you not see the amount of work put into making them fit? The parts (lights, brackets, hardware), bumper modifications, and hood modifications would cost $1000 by itself, not including the paint, assuming you have a body shop do it for you. It's gonna cost you at least $400 in parts unless you get free C6 headlights.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh boy... what a nightmare.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Update: yes project is dead and has been dead for a little while now. The light mounting was simple in terms of wiring, and fitment. Hard part was finding the materials to properly match composition of bumper for molding. By that time though it was apparent that there is to much surface area versus actually headlight dimensions. Factory setup is headlight and then bumper. Defined lines so to speak. Two seperate planes that once you start to play with become stretched out and can never find equal ground. Headlight closer to fwnder created too much space towards nostrils and nose peak. Too close too center and then you had this vast area by fender that could never be made too look "factory" so to speak. So in closing it wasn't with out its pains and costs but at least I learned something and recouped a lot of my costs.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is a dead thread but for what it's worth, you could have used urethane panel bond on the back side of the bumper to secure a different material (like a piece of thin sheet metal) onto the plastic, then build your lines off of the of metal. I've done this many times with no issues years later.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Crazy but different. Good idea. Cant wait to see the finished product!
Old 02-22-2015, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Good idea, but i think the lines are going to be way off... Firebirds are just known for their pop up headlights
Old 02-22-2015, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TransAm P
Crazy but different. Good idea. Cant wait to see the finished product!
dude, long dead thread, look 2 posts above yours. NEVER gonna see a finished project.

Quick Reply: C6 headlight conversion