Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Whats some GOOD detailing products......I think I've had it with Zaino.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like stated above. its like asking what do you like Best pepsi or coke. i do have to say some products aren't as good as others,but it's a matter of what you like and what you're happy with. I've never used Zaino,but always heard good things about it. how long do you leave it on? what temperature? also wax should be applied in light layers. the rule is if you're having problems removing it,its because you applied to much(thick layer). you should post up a pic of the amount to are applying. that might help.

by the way, where can i find black diamond wax? I've been wanting to try that out.when t cm to mySS I'm into waxes that leave wet,deep shine and nice reflections.I'm not to worry about protective waxes on the SS. its show car and doesn't get driven to much.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaneO
No product will be the right one for everyone. My guess is that the higher humidity in your area is one of the factors in your removal problems. It really draws out curing time. It's likely to need an hour or more to fully cure and come off easier. The ZFX additive will definitely aid in reducing that time.

If that doesn't work to your liking, Blackfire would probably be the next best option for sealants.
Yup. I was just thinking that you may need to let it cure longer. You said that you finished the initial application in 45 minutes, but I would think that a 2-3 hour cure would be best pending your humidity, temp, etc. Good luck with FX man. I've never used Zaino because I haven't wanted to drop that kind of dough on it when my Meguire's works so well.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Launching!

How about - Optimum Opti-Seal
http://autogeek.net/optimum-opti-seal.html

Though I have not used it, my research from autopia and with some pretty respected folks say it's pretty much on par with ease of use and durability of Zaino Clear Seal.

You could also try:
http://autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html

I have heard it has some good results as well.

Both Optimum products above require a lot less effort than Zaino.

Here are some choices with sealants:
http://autogeek.net/was.html

As someone said earlier, it's about your preference, sorry you had a bad experience though, I know you were really looking forward to sealing your fresh paint.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Let me know if you want to sell the rest of the Z-5!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Alright...thanks for all the replies. Maybe I'll try it one more time, just one fender next week when I get back home. I'll let it dry for 2 hours. If it comes off easy then thats the problem (my climate)....and I'll keep it. If not, I'll try something else.

rcoers......I'll send it to you for nothing if I decide to get rid of it. Its almost full. I'll let you know.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I use Meguiars mostly, honestly cant complain. They are easy to apply, provide great results and best of all I spend more time driving it than waxing or polishing.

Last edited by chaman; 10-07-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Adams Polishes are my favorite. I use them on my black truck with Amazing results. If you just try them once i guaranty you will be hooked! check out there web site, they have some detailing vida using there products.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After having Zaino,Adams, Showroom, Jax, meguiars and mothers on my shelf for detailing (so my customers can choose what they want). My favorite wax, easy on and off as well as lasts quite a long time is P21S. it has thunderstormed for 4 days on my car (and drove in it once) and it barely looks like its collected any dirt. i could mist and wipe the car down and not have to wash it. and havent created any swirls when doing it.

http://www.autogeek.net/p2concarwax.html
Old 10-07-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS6427
Alright...thanks for all the replies. Maybe I'll try it one more time, just one fender next week when I get back home. I'll let it dry for 2 hours. If it comes off easy then thats the problem (my climate)....and I'll keep it. If not, I'll try something else.

rcoers......I'll send it to you for nothing if I decide to get rid of it. Its almost full. I'll let you know.

Excellent!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

I've been using zaino zpc (much different from z5) for polishing the past couple days and have noticed today every couple applications some of it will gum up and stick to the paint. It's almost like the thicker clay like stuff easily separates from the more viscous liquid. Shook bottle very well too

Slowly getting results but not what I expected. Thought it would offer a bit more cut.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My zaino comes off really easy..Are you in a humid climate? That's the only thing I can think of
Old 10-08-2010, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fire-formula 93
I've been using zaino zpc (much different from z5) for polishing the past couple days and have noticed today every couple applications some of it will gum up and stick to the paint. It's almost like the thicker clay like stuff easily separates from the more viscous liquid. Shook bottle very well too

Slowly getting results but not what I expected. Thought it would offer a bit more cut.
It's a pretty mild polish. It's very pad and application dependent for cut.

Quick Reply: Whats some GOOD detailing products......I think I've had it with Zaino.....