Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Whats some GOOD detailing products......I think I've had it with Zaino.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010 | 06:24 PM
Banned

Default Whats some GOOD detailing products......I think I've had it with Zaino.....

My car has brand new paint, its been fully wet sanded and buffed. I bought some brand new Z-5 polish from Zaino and today was my second time using it in 2 months. This stuff sucks to get off....I use so little its ridiculous. You can hardly make it out once its on..its hard to tell where I stop and start I'm using such a small amount. But its still a bitch fom HELL to get off...it just smears and stays on.

Anyway........I just need some good **** so I can put a new coat of something on, some kind of good sealer, every few months or so.........

Whats good? How about that Tropic Care stuff.........

Old 10-06-2010 | 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You not going to find anything better than ZAINO, You're doing something wrong........
Old 10-06-2010 | 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

Tropi-Care which is now Showroom FX and they sell great products.

Ive been using their products for a while now and I have no complaints the prices are good and the products seem to last better than anything I have ever bought over the counter (sealant wise).

Give them a try?
Old 10-06-2010 | 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just recently tried BLACKFIRE's Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection. Loved it, so easy to apply and remove compared to Zaino. I've been using Zaino for a few years now and recently bought a bottle of blackfire once my latest supply of zaino ran out. Haven't seen if the durability stands up to Zaino, but the shine is similar and the application is easier.
Old 10-06-2010 | 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Blackfire is easier than Zaino, but the durabilty is not as good. Try washing with dawn next time and start over with Zaino..
Old 10-06-2010 | 09:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by red4.8
Blackfire is easier than Zaino, but the durabilty is not as good. Try washing with dawn next time and start over with Zaino..
My car was fresh out of wet sanding and buffing. No need for Dawn. I also read on someones site...maybe on Zainos site actually....that Dawn is bad.

Old 10-06-2010 | 10:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
You not going to find anything better than ZAINO, You're doing something wrong........
I washed it with a basic auto car wash soap.

Since my hell with Z-5 last time...and maybe I did use too much...
Today I literally put a "drop" sized blob of Z-5 on the super-duper Zaino applicator....wiped it on and it would cover about an 12" x 12" area before it ran dry. I did the whole damn car like that (in the shade) because Zaino told me I was putting too much on and so did everyone else. I swear I used so little I could hardly see it....

It took me a good 45 minutes to get back around to where I started........so it should have been dry.

I started taking it off.......and bam....it was a bitch and a half...almost as bad as last time. I will say that for some reason, certain surfaces did just wipe off normally....but 80% was HELL......

So....what am I doing wrong. I used this stuff for the first 9 yrs I owned the car and never had a problem at all...........

Old 10-06-2010 | 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
I just recently tried BLACKFIRE's Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection. Loved it, so easy to apply and remove compared to Zaino. I've been using Zaino for a few years now and recently bought a bottle of blackfire once my latest supply of zaino ran out. Haven't seen if the durability stands up to Zaino, but the shine is similar and the application is easier.
Does the Blackfire dry and simply wipe right off........I mean wipe RIGHT off...easy?

Because there is no way Zaino is SOOOOO much better than other top brands thats it worth the royal pain in the *** that Zaino is. I'll just put a coat on every 2 months and be done and much happier......last thing I want to do is HATE polishing my car.

Old 10-06-2010 | 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Well IMO, you are leaving it on there to long, could be why its so hard to get off. Try doing the car in sections so that the polish isn't on there so long. Also, is your polish separating or anything? Maybe its gone bad (if polish can go bad, i dont know).

If you wax your car regularly, i think showroom fx is the way to go. Lasts long and is a fraction of the price of Zaino.

I used this stuff called "Klasse" (its German made) for the past 2 years on my NBM car followed by a coat of showroom fx's stuff for dark cars, it worked out really well. Klasse can be found at PPG stores or the like for just $20 and is supposed to last 6 months like Zaino.
Old 10-06-2010 | 11:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Well IMO, you are leaving it on there to long, could be why its so hard to get off. Try doing the car in sections so that the polish isn't on there so long. Also, is your polish separating or anything? Maybe its gone bad (if polish can go bad, i dont know).

If you wax your car regularly, i think showroom fx is the way to go. Lasts long and is a fraction of the price of Zaino.

I used this stuff called "Klasse" (its German made) for the past 2 years on my NBM car followed by a coat of showroom fx's stuff for dark cars, it worked out really well. Klasse can be found at PPG stores or the like for just $20 and is supposed to last 6 months like Zaino.
My Zaino is like 3-4 months old. It looks perfect. Shake it up real good and its smooth as glass when it comes out.

I'm definitely done with it.

Maybe I'll try FX....

Old 10-06-2010 | 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

adams polishes makes good stuff. i love Mothers selaer and glazed,mixed with a lil bit of mother cali gold carnuba wax and topped with reflections. gives it a wet shinny look. just take a look at the vette i did last weekend.
http://www.socalmuscle.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2936
Old 10-06-2010 | 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
adams polishes makes good stuff. i love Mothers selaer and glazed,mixed with a lil bit of mother cali gold carnuba wax and topped with reflections. gives it a wet shinny look. just take a look at the vette i did last weekend.
http://www.socalmuscle.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2936
Damn....Vette looks good man.

So what combo did you do on the Vette?
What do you mean "mixed with a little carnuba".......you mixing up a special posion? lol

Old 10-07-2010 | 12:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've never had a problem with Zaino being hard to take off,even left a coat on overnight and wiped right off the next day.I use Z2,Z5,and Z6 in that order about 3-5 times when I do it.The more I layer it,the deeper the reflections get.I haven't found any product that outshines or outlasts Zaino.I've been using it for 4 years now on my WS6,but I always like to try out other products on our other cars to see how they compare.
Old 10-07-2010 | 01:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EVILWS6
I've never had a problem with Zaino being hard to take off,even left a coat on overnight and wiped right off the next day.I use Z2,Z5,and Z6 in that order about 3-5 times when I do it.The more I layer it,the deeper the reflections get.I haven't found any product that outshines or outlasts Zaino.I've been using it for 4 years now on my WS6,but I always like to try out other products on our other cars to see how they compare.
You do those 3 products in that order 3-5 times.....EACH time you do it?????

How long does that take? 6-8 hours............

Or did you mean something else.....

Old 10-07-2010 | 02:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

.i haven't found any product that outshines or outlasts zaino
x2!!!!
Old 10-07-2010 | 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS6427
Does the Blackfire dry and simply wipe right off........I mean wipe RIGHT off...easy?
Yes, basically dragging a microfiber took the stuff off. And applying is the same as zaino, a very tiny amount will go a long way. But, it's easier to see it being applied. With Zaino, it's hard to see on some colors how much you've put on, unless it was way too much.
Old 10-07-2010 | 07:56 AM
Internet Mechanic

Zaino 10 years ago was cutting edge and has endured pretty good.

What I will say is that there are plenty of companies and different systems that have stepped up their game siginifigantly. Some have been mentioned here. There are other's that get laughed at becuase they are not boutique or does not cost 100$ a can.

It is about find what you like to work with and getting the results you desire. I use pretty much from washing, paint correction, sealing, waxing, boosting with Meguiars. For me it works and most I can get local, their product range entails the entire spectrum so its also good for solvents for cleaning interiors, wheels, and engine bays.

So like said, its about what you like and what suits your needs.
Old 10-07-2010 | 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

No product will be the right one for everyone. My guess is that the higher humidity in your area is one of the factors in your removal problems. It really draws out curing time. It's likely to need an hour or more to fully cure and come off easier. The ZFX additive will definitely aid in reducing that time.

If that doesn't work to your liking, Blackfire would probably be the next best option for sealants.
Old 10-07-2010 | 09:15 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS6427
I washed it with a basic auto car wash soap.

Since my hell with Z-5 last time...and maybe I did use too much...
Today I literally put a "drop" sized blob of Z-5 on the super-duper Zaino applicator....wiped it on and it would cover about an 12" x 12" area before it ran dry. I did the whole damn car like that (in the shade) because Zaino told me I was putting too much on and so did everyone else. I swear I used so little I could hardly see it....

It took me a good 45 minutes to get back around to where I started........so it should have been dry.

I started taking it off.......and bam....it was a bitch and a half...almost as bad as last time. I will say that for some reason, certain surfaces did just wipe off normally....but 80% was HELL......

So....what am I doing wrong. I used this stuff for the first 9 yrs I owned the car and never had a problem at all...........

if you used it for 9 years with no problems, it sounds like the problem is not with the product. it must be something else.
Old 10-07-2010 | 12:21 PM
Launching!

I use adams buttery wax, some good ****, comes right off, smells good, u can even apply it in sunlight and 90 degrees, he makes a good revive polish too, which can be applied by hand, I'd get the matching yellow hand applicator pad as well, it doesn't last as long as some other products but i usually wax once a month anyway.

My paint is so smooth, its ridiculousss, clay bar helps too tho.

Quick Reply: Whats some GOOD detailing products......I think I've had it with Zaino.....