Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

1993-2002 F-BODY Gauge AND HVAC, Headlight, etc... Overlays GROUP PURCHASE 14!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 07:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
We can also make gauge faces for pretty much ANY aftermarket gauges to match as well...
I'm curious about this, I honestly didn't think you could take apart Auto Meter gauges...

So basically you can take my set of Phantoms and turn them into anything I want and then I can put an color LED bulb behind them...truly an endless amount of customization with gauges...

Am I speaking the truth? Or am I all confused...
Old 10-16-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbird31
I'm curious about this, I honestly didn't think you could take apart Auto Meter gauges...

So basically you can take my set of Phantoms and turn them into anything I want and then I can put an color LED bulb behind them...truly an endless amount of customization with gauges...

Am I speaking the truth? Or am I all confused...
No, your right. The Autometer gauges are pretty hard to take apart without breaking them. The bezel on the front snaps on and isn't meant to be taken off. Kind of a permanent thing, but with patience, you can snap it off without breaking it.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need some new HVAC overlays, and temped to get new gauge overlays, just for some change/variety, and i have some ideas floating around.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Hey Guys,

I am trying to place an order, and your Paypal is not working!

Gersh
Old 10-28-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Okay maybe im missing it but what is the price for these I see the price on the website but I thought that was the everyday price not the group purchase
Old 10-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mushroom281
Okay maybe im missing it but what is the price for these I see the price on the website but I thought that was the everyday price not the group purchase
We only do them as group purchases because we have to buy sheets of material. When there is no group purchase we pull the page down...
Old 10-29-2010, 12:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice to see you still making these. Means I'll still have the option next year when I (hopefully) get another Camaro.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dagersh
Hey Guys,

I am trying to place an order, and your Paypal is not working!

Gersh
Just sent you a request...
Old 10-31-2010, 02:54 PM

Default lighting question

These look super!My question is on a trans am does the background color ( the light up color instead of orange )change or does this only happen on cameros?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Launching!

Mark, sent Brian an email like you told me several days ago and no response. Just want to make sure he got the order. Please confirm. Thanks bud.

Ryan
Old 11-02-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Nice to see you still making these. Means I'll still have the option next year when I (hopefully) get another Camaro.
I really hope so too but right now was a bad time for me to order them. I was undecided on the color but I got it narrowed down to what I want to go with. Definitely wanna get these ordered so I got them before next March. I am thinking sometime after Thanksgiving or Christmas I will be ready.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
We can also make gauge faces for pretty much ANY aftermarket gauges to match as well...
Originally Posted by J LT1 TA
Mark whats the pricing on overlays for the aftermarket gauges. Like mcnord has for the 5" tach and what about the smaller gauges?
Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Banned

^^I'll get with him at SEMA and figure it out...
Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im so mad i just missed this!!!!!

i need one with alot of indicator lights removed (abs inop, brake, air bag, seat belt) as well as a few little cool things. Any idea when the next group purchse will be setup
Old 11-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
im so mad i just missed this!!!!!

i need one with alot of indicator lights removed (abs inop, brake, air bag, seat belt) as well as a few little cool things. Any idea when the next group purchse will be setup
Ordering page is still up as I am still processing the orders (got behind due to SEMA) so order now...
Old 11-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Launching!

When will the next GP be?
Old 11-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4THGENCAMAROFAN
When will the next GP be?
Page is still up, order now. We don't do these very often because it is hard to get the 10 we need to fill a sheet...
Old 11-16-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

haha some funny stuff there.
Would be funny if you could replace the SES light with "OH ****!!!" or "It's probably your O2 sensors again"
Old 11-19-2010, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got a couple questions regarding install.
Mark, do you have a detailed write up posted anywhere?
Ive seen different things posted, like:
Get car up to operating temp, take a pic of needles, remove, install new overlay, turn on car, and reinstall needles.
Why cant I just remove/reinstall needless where they sit when the car is OFF? Wouldn't that be easiest?
Old 11-20-2010, 03:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Got a couple questions regarding install.
Mark, do you have a detailed write up posted anywhere?
Ive seen different things posted, like:
Get car up to operating temp, take a pic of needles, remove, install new overlay, turn on car, and reinstall needles.
Why cant I just remove/reinstall needless where they sit when the car is OFF? Wouldn't that be easiest?
They need to have power going to them or you have no clue where the motor has spun to (no needle to stop it)...

Here's Mike's needle write-up...

“S86 Needles” Install
Please read the instructions thoroughly before installation

Thank you for your needle purchase. These should make your gauge cluster look newer, more updated, and stand out.

Step 1. Get your car up to normal operating temperature and take a good picture of each of the gauges and the needle position (try not to use a camera phone). This will be important in replacing the needles so that they point in the correct locations so all your gauges are accurate to the stock specs.

Step 2. Remove your old needles. If you have a plastic needle remover, you can use it to remove the needles. If you don’t, (and most of us don’t) you can use a fork to pry the needles off. (Place the fork prongs under the cap and lift the caps off). They should come straight up and off the needle shafts.

Repeat the process for all 6 needles. Try not to pull them off by pulling on the needle tips, but by the caps.

Step 3. After the stock needles are off, you should place your gauge cluster back in your car and start it. Get your car up to normal operating temperature. After the car has run long enough that you think it’s warm, you can begin to place the new needles.

*As the needles are slipped onto the motor shafts, they will want to “lay” to one side or the other. To remedy this, you should play with the needles placement before finally pushing them on.

Example: If you car idles at 700 rpm, try placing the needle at 1000 rpm. It should want to “lay” down around 700. If it doesn’t, repeat the process until you are happy with the location. For the MPH, I go for a drive with my GPS and get to 80 MPH. I set the cruise control and carefully place the needle. If you don’t have a GPS, place the needle as close to 0 MPH as you can.

Step 4. Make sure you DO NOT push the needles on as hard as you can. (especially the little ones) If the needles are pressed on too far, they tend to rub against the gauge face and not move. If you do press on too hard and they don’t move, just refer to step #2 again.

Thanks for your purchase and enjoy !

www.6LITEREATERDESIGNS.com

Quick Reply: 1993-2002 F-BODY Gauge AND HVAC, Headlight, etc... Overlays GROUP PURCHASE 14!!!