Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How picky are you?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How picky are you?

Ok, so I have an SS with about 36k miles on it and noticed a small run in the paint on the SS hood. Hardly noticeable but I am driving around with my old Z28 hood on the car till I can get the hood back from GM. They are going to strip it and paint it.

Am I too picky? Anyone done anything crazier? Pics of the car with the old Z28 hood on it. Its UGLY

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...g?t=1287187199
Old 10-15-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stripped and painted the whole car b/c of a few chips on the hood and two spider lines on the rear bumper.
If I was you I would have just tried to sand and polich the run out first. Your going to be more mad when the hood does'nt match the fenders and bumper. Yes black is not black.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a mark on my hood where it was egged that went down to the metal, a chunk of paint missing on the quarter from a snowboard, a dent in the other corner from a mini-sledge, small spot of rust on one quarter, the clear is lifting on the other quarter, and the standard rock chips in the front. I'm gonna blow the whole car apart and do a full repaint next spring (I hope).

I'm extremely picky, but sadly just a poor.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

If someone messes something up that I paid for, I'll have them fix it. My SS is my DD. I cant be too picky. I take great care of it and keep it washed and waxed, but it goes out rain or shine (gets stored for the winter) during the spring, summer, and fall.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

AM I picky, OCD picky however, we went on powertour last year and a piece of debris flew up and hit my rh rr quarter down to the metal about 1/4"L, had my PDR guy knock the dent part out but still haven't touched up the scratch yet, afraid the touch up will look worse than it already is. Also, last week before CTC (a 5k car event in our area) spent ten minutes with a buffer trying to erase a scratch a prev owner installed, to my dismay the door was re-cleared at one point but now have a small burn thru from one clear thru to the next..sometimes ya just need to leave well enough alone.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Rockstar

I got a total paint job 2 years ago, looks like it's a brand new car compared to that old yellowed factory stuff. I really have overhauled the entire appearance, new paint, new badges, new carpet, new lighting, and new seat covers soon to come. Although I get annoyed with every new rock chip I find, at the end of the day it doesn't effect how much I beat on it. I'm gonna enjoy it while I've got it.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bft id paint the whole car..but i dont have the money lol