Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

People using 2-3 guage pillar pods, questions..

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Default People using 2-3 guage pillar pods, questions..

I'm likely going to get an Auto meter 3 guage pillar pod. I've been reading a lot on them and I've read things from "I keep hitting my head on them," to "they're cheap and it doesn't stay on right."

1. How do you like yours? positives and negatives
2. Am I going to have to pull the dashboard out to route cables throught the firewall. Gonna have on for Oil Pressure and Water Temp
3. They only make it in black?!
4. Where would you put the Auto Meter Digital Pro Shift System level 2 shift light guage? top, middle or bottom.

And a little side topic, does Auto Meter make a guage that throws a red light if the temp goes too high? Been looking but no luck. Maybe I'll call them.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. i liked mine...havent realy had problems with it. im caged now so its gone
2.shouldnt have to. if you pull the old a pillar out you should have plenty of room to get wires through and under the dash. might have to remove the lower dash depending on where you want to wire them
3.yep as every other gauge pod they make. you can take it to a good body shop and have them match your interior color....thats how i did the custom dash in the cobalt and painted some excess trim in the camaro.
4. i had mine on the steering column....... before it was on the pillar though. i had it on the bottom....middle would probablly be better if your getting a triple. dual...on the bottom

Quick Reply: People using 2-3 guage pillar pods, questions..