Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

vfn ss hood owners i have a question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default vfn ss hood owners i have a question

Ok I bought my 3 inch ss hood from vfn,its a nice hood ,I do like it,.not as much as the stock one but it is really nice,but did anyones screen fit,mine sure doesn't and its not even close to fitting what so ever,I just don't understand you pay close to 600 and the screen doesn't fit,I've sanded it a lot,and even trimmed the screen a ton and its still not right,I'm taking it in to the body shop next week,I will let you guys know how much more it is to run the screen that they supply you and cut the hole for but doesn't fit , I would have put more money just to have that fit when it got to my door,now I'm not saying vfn sucks,there hood fit as close to perfect for beeing aftermarket,and it is very straight,and is a high quality hood,I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue,every pic I see of one doesn't have a screen,I don't really like driving and having a clear as day third window lol.and I wish I was told ahead of time that having that hole cut out was pretty much pointless cause it does not fit,I know some of you are like big deal its just a dumb screen,but that makes it look better,I know a body guy could more than likely make something work but for how much?those places aren't cheap lol, just seeing if anyone else had this problem,again vfn great great work,the fit had me amazed on how well it was,just don't see how you guys make a hood that nice and half *** on a 20.00 dollar screen
Old 10-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Captain Double Post

Don't ask me why this posted twice, my droid phone is going nuts, sorry
Old 10-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Captain Double Post

Please delete this one please