Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

vfn ss hood owners i have a question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default vfn ss hood owners i have a question

Ok I bought my 3 inch ss hood from vfn,its a nice hood ,I do like it,.not as much as the stock one but it is really nice,but did anyones screen fit,mine sure doesn't and its not even close to fitting what so ever,I just don't understand you pay close to 600 and the screen doesn't fit,I've sanded it a lot,and even trimmed the screen a ton and its still not right,I'm taking it in to the body shop next week,I will let you guys know how much more it is to run the screen that they supply you and cut the hole for but doesn't fit , I would have put more money just to have that fit when it got to my door,now I'm not saying vfn sucks,there hood fit as close to perfect for beeing aftermarket,and it is very straight,and is a high quality hood,I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue,every pic I see of one doesn't have a screen,I don't really like driving and having a clear as day third window lol.and I wish I was told ahead of time that having that hole cut out was pretty much pointless cause it does not fit,I know some of you are like big deal its just a dumb screen,but that makes it look better,I know a body guy could more than likely make something work but for how much?those places aren't cheap lol, just seeing if anyone else had this problem,again vfn great great work,the fit had me amazed on how well it was,just don't see how you guys make a hood that nice and half *** on a 20.00 dollar screen
Old 10-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Captain Double Post

I was really happy dealing with vfn in every way,they were very nice everytime I called,they were straight up,and I would buy from them again .to be honest there quality is the best,I'm not out to scare away someone from dealing with them ,
Old 10-21-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called vfn on this too, i was told the hole is only a rough opening and needs to be trimmed to make the screen fit. i guess this way someone cant say the hole is to big and the screen falls out. it just takes some time to get it sanded and trimmed to make it fit right, i wouldnt do anything to the screen itself just the opening. i havent messed wih mine yet, just waiting until i get it painted since the hood is going to have to get prepped anyway.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same prob here. just sanded the opening down untill it fit. didnt mess w the screen. just wondering if im gonna put two stripes down the hood, or leave it all the same color. what are you gonna do?
Old 10-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Captain Double Post

I just wish I was aware of this at the time I put my order in,I mean its not a mega huge deal but I would have like to have known before hand that this needed work also,I can see a lil sanding but mine no crap needs a inch on one side and a half inch on the other,seems like a lot,my feeling is why don't they make the cut a lil bigger so you can just hand sand it till it fits ,and not trying to cut round edges with a saw zaw !!! For the money I paid I feel it should have showed up ready to pop in,how much longer honest would it take them to fit it then have you take it to a body shop,it takes them 4 to 6 weeks ya think they would have an extra 10 mins for that
Old 10-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Captain Double Post

I don't know honest I'm not a body shop guy or do any kind of paint work,so I'm sure someone with the skills could fit this pretty quick,I just was starting to freak because out of the 50 vfn ss hoods I've seen 1 screen,I even saw one on pass time the other night no screen.oh well I'm gonna take it in soon so I can pay someone and have it be there problem lol,thanks guys eased my mind a lil that I won't have a rough cut hole in the center for life,mines white I'm just gonna do a black decal under my hopefully installed screen

Quick Reply: vfn ss hood owners i have a question