Old 03-09-2011, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it...cuz if you don't I will
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Numba20
I need some persuation guys.... i am dying for a superhawk hood. Seriously considering a HOOD4SALE's one. i understand its pretty much crap for fitment. but im going to have to totally re-adjust front QP's and front bumper to the hood anway. i got the car not too long ago, and the head lights wouldnt even come up for catching on the hood(original stock hood). the idiot previous owner did something, but i dont know what? no bondo on the car, all original parts? i figured it had been wrecked but it appears not. i cant push and pull and achieve alot. and ill do some filler to make it flush if need be. not a problem. but i wanted some insight from you guys that have seen them in person and seen all the little flaws, are they noticibly uneven to the eye? ill save the questions... and just let you all give what you know. thanks!
wavy, uneven, had gauges in it, and a broken nose when delivered to me... measurements are way off and don't even match from left to right. DONT DO IT.... I was dead set on a superhawk.. still am, and regret buying it.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

I need some persuation guys.... i am dying for a superhawk hood. Seriously considering a HOOD4SALE's one. i understand its pretty much crap for fitment. but im going to have to totally re-adjust front QP's and front bumper to the hood anway. i got the car not too long ago, and the head lights wouldnt even come up for catching on the hood(original stock hood). the idiot previous owner did something, but i dont know what? no bondo on the car, all original parts? i figured it had been wrecked but it appears not. i cant push and pull and achieve alot. and ill do some filler to make it flush if need be. not a problem. but i wanted some insight from you guys that have seen them in person and seen all the little flaws, are they noticibly uneven to the eye? ill save the questions... and just let you all give what you know. thanks!
Don't do it, you'd only be adding more problems
I would get the Raptor hood if you're in a hurry. I actually plan on going with it myself one day
Old 03-09-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RacingTiger03
I envy the OP!!! I have one of the knock offs made by liberty... my grandfather (body man of over 40 years) got it to WORK... barely. the dimensions are totally off, neither side measures the same from end to end (about a full inch+ difference IIRC). It was enough of a baseline for him to re-glass it enough for me to get what I wanted, but it took him a few weeks, stay away! LOL. I still need to get some tweaking done before I'll be happy, but as a DD it won't happen until I'm through with college.. =/

as it is now though...
close-up that shows off the flaws of fitment remaining...

and two other angles that aren't as harsh on the fitment issue..

Needless to say, I would kill for an original US Exotics hood =/.. still debating going back to a raptor next time the car gets painted
I'm glad you posted these up. I had been considering one of these for a while, figuring "correction" couldn't be that big of a deal. But damn! I guess I'll wait for VFN to release the wsq.
Thanks for the pics...and I'm sorry
Old 03-09-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

okay. raptor is my 2nd favorite. was 1st in line until i discovered the superhawk. but my first thought when buying a raptor is.... their about $700 for a decent one arent they? shoot, why not do some searching for a couple months, and find one of Rodger's hoods for a few hundred more? or... if they dont know what they have get if for a steal! lol you guy runs across any of rodgers for sale? if so, you got a price range? i realize supply is much much lower than demand. and thats an understatement in itself. lol i havent done much looking tho? just wondering before i go sprinting down a dead end.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

i got the car not too long ago, and the head lights wouldnt even come up for catching on the hood(original stock hood). the idiot previous owner did something, but i dont know what? no bondo on the car, all original parts? i figured it had been wrecked but it appears not. i cant push and pull and achieve alot.
Had this problem to after taking out the ac from my car. took me a little bit to find out what it was. my roomate at the time decided to adjust my hood stops. he screwed them down a little, and caused the headlights to catch on the edge of the hood. i would try to adjust that first.

And who doesn't love pictures of this hood.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

well i tried to get the hood adjusted enough to make the head lights functional. i loosened the hinges, on the hood and QP's. also loosened the hoods shocks. and the bolts along the QP's readjusted everything, and made it work, but it definitely isnt square ya know. so thinking about the ebay superhawk hood seems like it'd be a step up from where im at anyway! haha

Last edited by Numba20; 03-09-2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: dang typo's!! >:(
Old 03-09-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

okay. raptor is my 2nd favorite. was 1st in line until i discovered the superhawk. but my first thought when buying a raptor is.... their about $700 for a decent one arent they? shoot, why not do some searching for a couple months, and find one of Rodger's hoods for a few hundred more? or... if they dont know what they have get if for a steal! lol you guy runs across any of rodgers for sale? if so, you got a price range? i realize supply is much much lower than demand. and thats an understatement in itself. lol i havent done much looking tho? just wondering before i go sprinting down a dead end.
good luck finding a real superhawk. rodger made less than 100, i think he only made about 70 actually, i might be wrong. Mine was like number 38. I'd say your chances are slim to none finding someone who doesn't know what they have. and please don't give that piece of **** seller on ebay your money.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

right now im giving a WS9 outlaw serious thought.... superhawk may pop up and id jump on it. but i been seeing this "WSQ" since january.... its a bit over the top, but i still like it. still waiting on the release date tho i assume? havent looked in a while. im not seeing much of the WS9 outlaws up for grabs either.

Any1 know a anticipated price for a bolt on WSQ? or a good used price on a WS6 outlaw? (bolt on also)

But you all have helped me HATE hood4sale. Damn guys tarnishing the legend of superhawks. lol

Last edited by Numba20; 03-09-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: ...after thought...
Old 03-10-2011, 05:13 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I grabbed a US exotics WS9 outlaw from Fireball on here and it's really a badass hood. It's still my second choice to a superhawk though.

Short of Roger making them again, your chances of getting one is very very slim, I know, I've been searching for years now.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

The Alchemist
I grabbed a US exotics WS9 outlaw from Fireball on here and it's really a badass hood. It's still my second choice to a superhawk though.

Short of Roger making them again, your chances of getting one is very very slim, I know, I've been searching for years now.
the WS9 outlaw is on top of my list right now. ...Fireball? is he a vendor or just had one for sale? btw guys, im in the market to buy one. if you have one and would sell.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:45 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Sorry, he's a member here... you can find him in the FI and eastern sections.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Not a chance i'd sell mine unless if was some kind of crazy offer.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Question for all those who own one of these coveted hoods. Did you tell your insurance company that it is a rare hood, and can no longer be found? Do you have some type of coverage on your hood if for some reason you are in an accident and the hood gets destroyed. I am always worried this would happen and there goes my 1000 dollar hood.

Anybody else have these concerns or even answers?
Old 03-11-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

In my case, my car is a real WS6 so they would pay out the cost of a real ws6 hood which is like $1800 or something like that.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
In my case, my car is a real WS6 so they would pay out the cost of a real ws6 hood which is like $1800 or something like that.
Might want to check your policy, our cars are getting old and if you're in an accident they may not provide full value for a new hood replacement. They may give you the value "replacement"

I forget all the terms they use but I ran into a similiar situation several years ago with my parents Explorer and the insurance company was providing a fraction of what a new hood would cost
Old 03-12-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Might want to check your policy, our cars are getting old and if you're in an accident they may not provide full value for a new hood replacement. They may give you the value "replacement"

I forget all the terms they use but I ran into a similiar situation several years ago with my parents Explorer and the insurance company was providing a fraction of what a new hood would cost
to your point that our cars are getting old, your right. and alittle more than moderate collision damage can total them out. So if i wrecked my car to the point i need a new hood, there is probably going to be a quite a bit a damage to the rest of the car. So it would probably be totaled out, and ill just buy it back from the insurance company, and either get it fixed or find another f-body to put my drive line in.
I guess what i'm saying is if i need a new hood because of a collision, i'll probably be looking at a good bit of damage to the rest of the car, and the car will be totaled again (it was totaled when i bought it in 2006).
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

My Superhawk hood !
Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by Ocala93TA

My Superhawk hood !
Is it new? Lucky bastard, and I mean that in the most positive way.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

ive been lookn at the VFN ws6 outlaw ram air hood. does anyone know what the quality is like on them?

Quick Reply: found a new us exotics superhawk hood