Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

VFN Fiberglass hood owners inside please!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 04:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After speaking with you and your dad, I Think that there are some miconceptions about aftermarket products, originally when you contacted VFN about a problem Armando was told this was a fitment issue, turns out the item was still in the box at the body shop,and yet to be tried on the car, The very back edge of the camaro hood is straight off and unlike the other three sides which have a 90degree edge. This allows the hood to be removed from the Mold, When this hood was designed it was done so using an Ls1 Members car with Pro Stock John Present, and
it was a collaboration of ideas by them as well as other members who viewed pictures and gave us their feedback, The back edge on the underside was never an issue because you wont see it with the hood open and you dont see the underside of the back edge when the hood is closed! Under The back edge there is an area where the adhesive we use is hardly visible but only from the underside of the hood when its fully extended, your body man said it would take HOURS to sand the back edge and then fill it, I suggested sanding the edge and I explained it would be a fifteen minute job Not Hours, I firmly believe he was making a very big deal out this and you mentioned this was the first aftermarket hood you'd ever had or seen before it was painted,
I didnt understand why the hood can look great on the top and bottom but because of an unseen edge this Product was labeled the worst Product ever seen Throughout this persons entire career!
Woah!
Just so you know I imediately went into the shop set an ss hood on a table and then sanded the underside back edge of the passenger side (I just wanted to know if I was Correct In the time I advised and the severity of this whole Issue. because we do care about our products and I personally enjoy what I do and im also very proud of our products ,if there is an issue with any part we make we want it resolved immediately so everyone is happy,) It worked fine and I have some pictures for you,
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/temp1.jpg
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/temp2.jpg
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/temp3.jpg
and we have advised our trim department on this issue and we will begin finishing that edge before they leave the shop from now on.

As for the Air box we are considering a design that will allow use of an airbox but at this time they dont connect like a factory type, we dont disguise that.

Well all in all, I Hope you guys like the hood once its fitted and painted , I think you will
Thanks
Old 02-05-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

first off Im far from broke. I dont keep alot of money in my checking acount due to it doenst draw interest.

I was told by VFN that only 1/2 of the charges would be applied and 4 weeks later the remaining would be charged now you lie. I was told the part was not in stock you say it was now LIE. Anyways. My bank verified time after time again to you people that the only fault the NSF fees were applied to my account is because of the funds you people charged. I even told the rep for your company that I only had 350 in the account at that time and I was waiting for my deposit for 1800 for my tax refund and my check for 2200. anyways lesson learned the hard way never do business with VFN ever.

And to show you how competent these people really are I would suggest checking your records once again. I purchased a 4inch ram air hood from you that fit like ****. enough said. I know who is at fault, MY BANK KNOWS WHO IS AT FAULT, AND YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHO IS AT FAULT.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,146 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Lesson: When you are broke, don't buy car parts!

Old 02-05-2004, 04:59 PM
FormerVendor

We Definately have NO record of you recieving any hood order under your name....

We gave you the 84 dollar credit, plus a complete refund with no questions asked, until you wanted more money...
then we put our foot down....and asked for records.
This was when we discovered the inital charge and the nsf charges that were made BEFORE our charge - oops our mistake we paid money we should not have....YOUR bank also wrote on the statement that if not for the INITIAL nsf charges plus what VFN charged you, you would not have been over an additional $112.00. No one from VFN admitted guilt to anyone, that statement is false, its also very interesting that your bank records show, additional credits from other companies as well,which is the reason we contacted the police in your area. You can do the same.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What ever? YOu and I know the truth. Im not going to get in a pissing match with you. The vice president of the bank looked at every charge to my account and made it clear that the only reason I had any and I mean any NSF fees was due to you charging the entire amount period. Now your tiny brain may think you know what your looking at but the vice president cleared all of this up and indeed stated that if it wasnet for the full charge from you all other checks would have cleared. they told you people that as well I was there when they told you people that. You may think i had a NSF fee but it was due to your initial charge. And anyway none of this would have happened if I was only charged the 1/2 now and 1/2 4 weeks later like your rep told me. YOUR REP TOLD ME THE HOOD WAS NOT IN STOCK> If I would have been told it was I would have clearly went back and deposited more out of my savings ( which just so happend to be the credits you saw on my account along with my credits for mileage from my business) .

Now Im not trying to run you company in the ground Im clearly stating Ill never buy from you again and I have alot of followers here and locally.

So Ill take my broke 75K a year *** and buy my products elsewhere. And also isnt it illegal to fax my personal documents without my permision HUHHHHHHHH .
Old 02-05-2004, 09:30 PM
dug
Banned

The stock pin on hood is pretty flimsy but way lighter.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:38 PM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

VFN is great no ifs and or buts about it.Will buy from agian I love my 3 inch bolt on SS hood they are very nice in person to talk with also and has a very nice shop
Old 02-06-2004, 12:04 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I installed a VFN stock height ram air hood on my girlfriend's 2000 Trans Am, and it fit very nicely. Most people don't even realize it isn't a factory hood. It was also much lighter than the stock hood. The paint shop even said they were impressed with the finish on the hood, which is rare for a "race" hood they say.

Originally Posted by 1fstTA
I even told the rep for your company that I only had 350 in the account at that time and I was waiting for my deposit for 1800 for my tax refund and my check for 2200
If you aren't broke and you claim to have money in savings instead of your checking, then why would you have to wait on your tax return and a paycheck to have enough funds in the checking account? Its very easy to transfer funds between accounts, I can do it online instantly with my banks. An "NSF" only happens when you can't balance your checkbook. I'm not buying the excuses here, its very hard to. If you had the funds, why didn't you just pay for it in full?

Tony
Old 02-06-2004, 02:31 AM
TECH Regular

vfntech tell armando i am sorry about the phone hanging up i was on my cell phone and it ran out of batteries but anyway...if you dont try to hide the fact that the ram air doesnt work why did the sales lady tell me otherwise??? i mean i dont really care cause i have a SLP CAI kit so i dont need the ram air from the hood. But that was just one thing that kinda ticked me off...plus when i called you and told u it was a fitment issue thats because mike at malvern collision said it was he said it needed work and it wouldnt fit right and that i should come see it...i am not making anything up here i am relaying what he told me...and as you heard from above other body shops said the exact same thing about the hood and how they didnt like it either but i dont know i guess its just a matter of personal preferance..me i like the hood...or i wouldnt of bought it because the stock one was payed for already...i was just a little bumbed out about the look of the back...and besides you will be able to see everytime you drive it you can see where the two fiberglass pieces where slapped together and glued...it does look pretty bad even if you sand it off all you are doing is now making it even its not rounded like the factory hood and all the hours of work mike was telling you about is because he has to make me a rounded edge for the whole back along the windshield from scratch so it will look clean. i have yet to see if it will fit but judging from others experiance and what you say i will probably be calling you again to get the fit right. but all in all i like it...it looks bad *** and its not even on the car yet
Old 02-06-2004, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well first off why should I have transfered any money to my account.

I was lied to and told the hood was not in stock and would take 4 weeks to make and I would only be charged 1/2 now and 1/2 in 4 weeks so the money would have been there.

I was lied to and charged the full amount
Now Im getting racked over the coals just so you can keep your sponsors happy. The vice president of Amsouth looked over ever charge to my account and stated to me and VFN that it is ONLY due to the full charge being as why NSF fees where applied. If VFN would have only charged the 1/2 now and 1/2 later like they said they were then none and I mean none of this would have happened

Nine ball I have meet you twice and you seem like a very nice guy but you dont have all the facts like the bank does. Again I will not reply back to this post and hurt VFN's image on this site but Everyone on this board and everyone I know will now know how they do business. And I will never do business with them again. period sorry if this offends anyone but Im 32 and dont have time for a pissing match.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:15 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,146 Likes on 744 Posts

1fstta killed this thread. I have been friends with the owners of VFN and they are careful and they care about their customers. 1fstta sounds like you didn't balance your checkbook have a nice day.

Quick Reply: VFN Fiberglass hood owners inside please!!