Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Trans Am fuel rail covers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans Am fuel rail covers?

Hey guys, was just wondering where I can get the Trans Am fuel rail covers. Have seen a few people with them on their cars and they look AMAZING. I dont want to buy the corvette ones cause well, my car isnt a corvette, lol, ideas? Thanks for any input!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

There are some sellers that modify stock corvette rails and make them custom.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Default fuel rail covers

Check out the link below. They customize corvette covers by filling in the word corvette and adding any paint and lettering scheme you want. I've been thinking of getting some for my 02 ss.

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/fuel-rail-covers.html
Old 11-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Banned

I don't mean to put a for sale in this thread but i got mine from afterthoughtsauto, mines were 265 I'm selling mine for 100 bucks check out my threads in my name, i think its custom fuel covers or something like that.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

its ok mike but I'm not seeing what I'm looking for? and duncjk you hit it right on the head bro, thanks!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

They all start out as Corvette covers. Unless you want to fab some, thats the cheapest place to start. After that, your imagination is the only limit. I had mine done years ago and they still look good.
Attached Thumbnails Trans Am fuel rail covers?-trufire_2.jpg   Trans Am fuel rail covers?-dsc03448.jpg  
Old 11-18-2010, 08:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default wow

Originally Posted by 99zee
They all start out as Corvette covers. Unless you want to fab some, thats the cheapest place to start. After that, your imagination is the only limit. I had mine done years ago and they still look good.
99zee those look AWSOME! so those were the original Vette covers that you did the custom airbrush on?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't do the work, but yes they are Corvette covers that were filled, cut and painted. They were done originally by the guy that did them for Afterthoughts. Not sure if he still does. After a few years, I had then repainted and flamed by a member here. I don't thnk he is around anymore?? Just get some Corvette covers and cut them to fit. Once your satisfied with the fit, have them filled and painted. Alot of guys on here have done their own. It's not hard just takes some time. I don't have the painting skills or the time, so I found someone that did. The sky is the limit on the paint, graghics, etc. Do a search for FRC's or fuel rail covers on here or the net and see if something catches your eye.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default thanks for the advice

I didn't do the work, but yes they are Corvette covers that were filled, cut and painted. They were done originally by the guy that did them for Afterthoughts. Not sure if he still does. After a few years, I had then repainted and flamed by a member here. I don't thnk he is around anymore?? Just get some Corvette covers and cut them to fit. Once your satisfied with the fit, have them filled and painted. Alot of guys on here have done their own. It's not hard just takes some time. I don't have the painting skills or the time, so I found someone that did. The sky is the limit on the paint, graghics, etc. Do a search for FRC's or fuel rail covers on here or the net and see if something catches your eye.
gunna do a search, one of the guys posted up a website and I really like them on there but I'm gunna keep lookin
Old 11-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these look awesome!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a total of like $80 dollars in mine. Charging 265 for these is CRAZY.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

those look great, i need to have mine done, i already cut them to fit and have the decals i want to use but i am not a painter. i need to find someone to fill and paint them for me.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks guys! appreciate you posting the pics too! I'm still looking for a nice set but when I get one I'll deff let you know how it turned out!

Quick Reply: Trans Am fuel rail covers?