Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Halo headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004 | 10:23 AM
Launching!

Default Halo headlight problem

I installed the blacks halo headlights this past weekend and on the drive home I developed some condensation inside the headlights.It went away the next day and only comes back when I drive.It also only develops in front of the high beams.Is it a sealing problem?Would some sealant around the edges take care of it?TIA
Old 02-04-2004 | 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the same problem? Mine condenses now and then, but goes away shortly after. i have actually 2 more problems as well. One, i cannot for the life of me get them to fill the entire gap( at the bottom so they are near flush or flush) and also point straight. 2, the rubber that goes around them has started to come unglued on one. Its ugly, need to fix it. Adjatated and may take them off soon.
-Scoobs
Old 02-04-2004 | 03:26 PM
Launching!

I plan on just throwing some sealant all the way around where the lens and back meet.Hopefully that will fix it.As for the gaps,did you try adjusting them.I'm very happy with mine except for the condensation.
Old 02-04-2004 | 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Can both of you please post some pictures, or email me some of your cars with the halo's? I'm debating installing a set of the black ones on my white SS & I'm not sure whether it will look right.

Brickyardss@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Mike
Old 02-04-2004 | 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2GOOD4U
Can both of you please post some pictures, or email me some of your cars with the halo's? I'm debating installing a set of the black ones on my white SS & I'm not sure whether it will look right.

Brickyardss@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Mike
i can email pics if you want,i had these for almost a year now,and the gap is just due to the way the rubber is.its all in how you adjust them.i got the gaps to end up just right by adjusting them,its a pia.i had condensation for a few nights and then it never came back again.but like an ahole i opened the headlights up to install strobes,and now one of them has permanent condensation.ill be having to replace them now altogether,try making sure the bulbs are flush and tight with the assembly,i noticed mine was lose and put black electric tape around the bulb where it meets the headlight and worked out good.
also check the rubber nozzle looking vents,their sealed,are they supposed to be?i thought they were supposed to be opened to allow the heat vent out?
Old 02-04-2004 | 06:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Zangel has them on her car with that kick *** paint job. Hopefully she can chime in she has alot of experience with the Halo headlights.
Old 02-04-2004 | 07:01 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

It doesn't matter if the lens and the housing are sealed tight, there are still vents in the housing. This is done to prevent/get rid of condensation.

Same reason us clear corner guys drill holes in the lights. It's to even out the temperature in the housing and the ambient air so condensation doesn't form.
Old 02-04-2004 | 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Get a pin vise (small hand drill) and drill one hole at the top of the light housing and two holes in the bottom. The condensation will disappear. It worked for me. If you have a problem sealing the housing and lens, grab a heat gun and hand form it. You'll get a much better fit.
Old 02-05-2004 | 11:33 AM
Launching!

interesting
Old 02-06-2004 | 06:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Now I know I won't be buying these. Thanks guys for confirming my suspicions.
Old 02-09-2004 | 10:27 AM
Launching!

I took the black rubber elbows off the back and the condensation is gone.

Quick Reply: Halo headlight problem