Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Breathless Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Breathless Kit

I am a huge fan of doing something different;
However I am not a huge fan of breathless performance only because from what i hear and how cheap they are made etc.(just what ive hear).. I like the lens as it is the same as a regular only clear, and I do like how you painted it the same color as the car. good call. blends in really well! !!thumbs up!
cash 1200$ is a little much for me IMO but if you have the $ go for it .
i called them and they want 250$!!! just for the plastic lenses.
I decidea from that point to make ma own in a matter of a couple hours... but i like different and i think people out there are scared of change or what people will think if it looks like ****.. if you like it then thats all that matter.

I am working on making my own. I have tinted plastic type lenses already made that i have molded from the originals. and i am going to find a bucket of my liking and wire it in, with the tinted lens over it, just like you have done; only my lights will be different style and will have to retrofit them in with a custom fiberglass bucket. alot of extra work but we will see how it turns out and i will post pics. im sure ppl will knok me for it and some will like it but every man his own! just as you did!
Old 11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Back from the dead....
Old 11-21-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ What I was thinking.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Then... some day.... lenses will fade and turn yellow... just like all plastic headlights do...
Old 11-21-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ Chea! and they only take less than 30 minutes half an hour to wetsand and polish.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bj350hp
Back from the dead....

damn. some of you people are just never happy. you bitch about people who make a new post about something that has already been discussed. and say you want people to use the search.

but then when they do that search and post a question or comment in that thread hoping to talk about it. then you all post dumb **** about it being a necro post.

christ make up your minds....

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
^^ Chea! and they only take less than 30 minutes half an hour to wetsand and polish.
its funny that a lot of people dont realize that if you just wax your headlights/tails it prevents the yellowing. works the same as it does on paint. prevents them UV rays.... same reason my tail panel has never faded in 8 years. i wax it. and the car is in the sun all day..... wish i could have found a way to stop the tops of my door panels from fading though.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

looks good to me, I hate pop ups with a passion
Old 11-22-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
looks good to me, I hate pop ups with a passion
They would look good if they where like the 98 SLP firehawk concept car.

So this could be done if you made some kind of eye lids for them. Here is the Thread I made about them when I was thinking about getting them for my firehawk.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13579625-post8.html
Old 11-22-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

They would look good if they where like the 98 SLP firehawk concept car.

So this could be done if you made some kind of eye lids for them. Here is the Thread I made about them when I was thinking about getting them for my firehawk.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13579625-post8.html
i thought on the firehawk concept they didnt have the recesses in front of the lights in the bumper?

edit: im thinking of the concept art for the car. the headlights were still flip up but did "fill" the entire recess in the bumper. but the bumper design itself was slightly different too.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Raven02TA
i thought on the firehawk concept they didnt have the recesses in front of the lights in the bumper?
the bumper was the same but the hood and headlights are different.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

im thinking of the concept art for the car. the headlights were still flip up but did "fill" the entire recess in the bumper. but the bumper design itself was slightly different too.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im thinking of the concept art for the car. the headlights were still flip up but did "fill" the entire recess in the bumper. but the bumper design itself was slightly different too.
Got a pic of the concept are? Don't think I have seen that.

I would really like to do the breathless kit to my hawk and add the eye lids but the almost 900 it cost is way out of my budget for a appearance item.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those looking for a nice inexpensive HID bi-zenon projector, I'm gonna recommend these units.
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=125199

I bought a set several months ago and installed them in my Thunderbird housings and they've worked great, great beam pattern and small physical deminsions. I think I paid $130 for the pair with ballasts. The ones on my car are not sealed in the far rear, but I've had no moisture problems at all.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Concerning the Trans Am, I've been planning on building some fixed headlights using projector lenses. Now I'm thinking of moving the projectors down to the turn signal locations.

I know there are headlight height laws here in TX and that this new location is lower than the law allows. Do you think I'd be able to pass the annual inspection?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

I love the way they look..and I am sure it helps to not have them sticking up..
Old 11-22-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got a pic of the concept are? Don't think I have seen that.
i searched for 3 hours today and cant find it on google no matter how i word it. i have a physical copy somewhere. if i can find it ill scan and post it for you.

the picture had no nose recess where the scoops are and no recess in the headlight area. everything was flush. the bumper/hood had the "nostril" slits much like the rounded firehawk hood had in the 93-97 cars.

and if i remember right the foglights were in the lower corners much like the camaros have.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn. some of you people are just never happy. you bitch about people who make a new post about something that has already been discussed. and say you want people to use the search.

but then when they do that search and post a question or comment in that thread hoping to talk about it. then you all post dumb **** about it being a necro post.

christ make up your minds....

Nicely put..

Quick Reply: Breathless Kit