Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Body guys, how much to get something like this fixed

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar thing happen to me. I was told dry ice would do it but it would make the paint come back. Insurance did only because it wasnt my fault. The payer was charged 1600.00 dollars to fix it.I knew someone at the body shop so I removed the back bumper and taillights and the fenderwell myself and he fixed that side and the other side for one sides cost. I then put the stuff I took off back on myself. But unfortunately, a neighbor kid hit it with a rock and put a dent in it. Cannot prove who did it though. I am working on a front bumper right now though for free.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:15 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Frcfed, I may be able to help you out with a right rear quarter panel. lemme know..

josh
Old 02-07-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be getting back to you on monday Josh, I wasn't able to hit the bodyshops on friday. TIA for the offer
J
Old 02-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Default Agreed !

Originally Posted by craiG's SS
If u take that to a body shop and they say they need to put a quarter on it, instead of fixing it then they dont know what the hell there doin! Grind the paint off take a stud gun to it and pull it back out paint it and blend it into the door, and call it a day

I own a body shop, the paint alone is the most costly part of the process. That red is about 65.00 a pint. Have a shop blend the door and the quarter panel. Don't spend over 4 or 5 hundred, I would do it for about 400.00, Wish you were close I could use the business !

GOOD LUCK and sorry that you bent your quarter.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Default L vs R

Originally Posted by Damian
Frcfed, I may be able to help you out with a right rear quarter panel. lemme know..

josh

That's left quarter panel
Old 02-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Launching!

i could pull that my self and im 18. u dont need a quarter panel put on, but somepeople would rather do that because they dont want a damaged part on their car, even if its a perfect job on the outside. if u got ur car used ur in danger of this ne way so it doesnt matter.
and i would say its possible to get quoted on 2500, i just read on another board, someone was quoted 1500. if it was to be replaced, blended into the door, have the lock and handle remove, i would bet labor could go that high. but no way in hell an estimate that high should be leagle.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

It looks creased,the only way to fix that properly is to have a new quarter put on.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, I got good news and bad news........
First the good, the panel can be fixed..........

The bad news. Got the first estimate done. Here is the short version.
Parts 28.32
Body Labor 11.4hrs@44.00hr 501.60
Paint Labor 7.3hrs@44.00hr 321.20
Paint Supplies7.3hrs@25.00hr 182.50
subtotal 1033.62
tax 60.08
Total 1093.70

FU@K Well time to head on out to get another estimate done, and that was done at the place that did the work on my dads van, thought they would like return customers.
Jeremy
Old 02-11-2004, 03:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have similar damge on my TA.(G-friend backed into it) I found out that it would be harder to replace that piece. From the doors on back is one piece. Said you would have to cut it off and then weld a new panel on. Mine is actually worse then that one.. Damn, wish i had a digital camera.. Might try to pull it myself. Hell, dont think i can make it any worse.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, thats one hell of a dent for a slip and fall.............

I had something minor like that happen, but it was just a scratch from another car that created a dent/scracth type of deal, it was about 600 total to fix with new paint, the quarter panel was still all good, glad it didn't crack...

It sucks that it had to happen now when we are trying to get things rollin....
Old 02-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Teching In

I had a similar accident when a girl back in to me. Took it to the body shop and I was quoted $1200, but after they finished they ended up charging me just under $1000. Good luck getting her fixed.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

I got two more appts for estimates tomorrow. The other two good places that I would trust with my car does estimates by appt only
Hopefully I will find something a lil cheaper. Good thing my tax money will be here on the 20th Gotta stop being a looser and find a job already
Yeah Bos, did my ol car real bad with body weight and a elbow(elbow=small dent, big dent I guess was my hip) Check your PM's.
J
Old 02-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Launching!

waterbug actually u can make it worse. dont try to pull that quarter off if u never welded befor. i know i wouldnt want to clean up ur mess if i was the body man, for cheap. tearing up the qp where its welded together will make it harder to take off. plus if uve never dont nething like this its not a do it ur self thing. it takes lots of tac welding in place, readjusting then readjusting. then putting the deck lid back on or close it, check the gap, check the door gap. quarter panels are the one thing i would not sugest ne one to do with out body work experience. take it it if u want it done because most shops will be able to pull the dents.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by onoiocoko
waterbug actually u can make it worse. dont try to pull that quarter off if u never welded befor. i know i wouldnt want to clean up ur mess if i was the body man, for cheap. tearing up the qp where its welded together will make it harder to take off. plus if uve never dont nething like this its not a do it ur self thing. it takes lots of tac welding in place, readjusting then readjusting. then putting the deck lid back on or close it, check the gap, check the door gap. quarter panels are the one thing i would not sugest ne one to do with out body work experience. take it it if u want it done because most shops will be able to pull the dents.
I wasnt going to do it.. One of the previous post before mine suggested to the guy to get a new panel.. I told him you couldnt unless you cut and weld one on there or replace the whole back of the car. Mine looks like his and my estimate ranged from 1200 to 2000 grand. Just waiting to run into someone somewhere that can do it at his house for little to nothing.. Already had an offer to fix the body damage and primar for 125. But i couldnt do it at the time and i lost his freakin number!
Old 02-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Teching In

A friend of mine rubbed his front bumper against my car in the same exact place that your damage is... Your car looks just like my car did, except my driver's door was a little bit scuffed up. Body repair, paint door and 1/4 panel, $950.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

Anyone know of an all around dent pulling kit?
Old 02-14-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Agreed with the post above to have it fixed around $500-$600. I had the passenger side all f**ked up thanks for a neighbors kids scooter which left a good 18-24" scratch and nasty dents, not as bad as yours but pretty messed up. If you take it to a good place you wont even notice it.
Unfortunately my deductible was $500 so it was not even worth going through my insurance. Most places give a cheaper price if your paying and insurance isn't.

Dont have a before but do have and after:

Quick Reply: Body guys, how much to get something like this fixed