Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Show us your sound deadening work.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Show us your sound deadening work.

I found some stuff called Stinger Road-Kill that was a LOT cheaper than Dynamat. I still have some sheets left over, but can't find my roller. I was also told at the local stereo place back West that they also used the sound deadening truck bed liner.

I tore my ENTIRE interior out one day and coated the WHOLE floor pan, trunk, back seat pan and anything under the carpet with Roll on and spray on sound eliminating bed liner. The only thing was I didn't quite let it dry all the way and my prep work was non existent other than the vaccuum, so it's still kind of soft and flexible. I want to get some new carpet one of these days and I think I MAY tear the interior apart again to hit some more areas with Road-Kill. Most of my noise comes in through the trunk, so I'm going to hit that again with Road-Kill. I don't care about weight anymore. This is a street car and a couple extra pounds doesn't concern me. The noise has GOT to go.

I was told that most of the noise comes in through the doors and I was wondering how the hell do you get everything out of the way enough to be able to coat the door with either the roll on/brush on or Road-Kill.

I don't have any pics from last time. I didn't bother to take any for some reason.

Anyone else do some sound kill?
Old 11-28-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MODS: Can you move this to the stereo room?

Thanx.

Quick Reply: Show us your sound deadening work.