Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A/c & heater control panel lights??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny6
Just a warning and some tips, make sure the temp control **** is either at the coldest or hottest setting that way it's easy to line up when you reinstall it. It has two clips that hold the temp assembly in place, the vacuum line harness also has two tabs, one on the top right and one on the bottom left, gotta be real gentle and careful with that one. The other connections are fairly easy, good luck.
So I need to disconnect all of those clips to get to the bulbs?
Old 02-15-2016, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Warewolf
So I need to disconnect all of those clips to get to the bulbs?
If you can't pull it out far enough then yes, you really don't need much room to disconnect them though, the socket twists off with the bulb. It was was a pain in the *** removing the whole thing.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:22 AM
Teching In

If you can't pull it out far enough then yes, you really don't need much room to disconnect them though, the socket twists off with the bulb. It was was a pain in the *** removing the whole thing.
How many bulbs are there? I thought I saw a photo earlier in the thread showing two bulbs at the ends of wires and was wondering if it was unusual for both bulbs to go out at once.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

It's just two bulbs and yes it's common for them to go out which is my reason for pulling it out.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Here is what I see when I pull the panel out. Where are the light bulbs and how do I access them?

Name:  hvac.jpg
Views: 4047
Size:  146.9 KB
Old 05-08-2016, 03:53 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

The light bulbs are in those two holders/clips with the orange wires at the top edge of the panel in that pic. Twist and pull to remove the holders, then pull the bulbs from the holders. It'll look like the pic in post #6.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:56 PM
STA
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by VIP1
The light bulbs are in those two holders/clips with the orange wires at the top edge of the panel in that pic. Twist and pull to remove the holders, then pull the bulbs from the holders. It'll look like the pic in post #6.
Just like VIP1 says, they twist out.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maroonls1z
Nevermind, I figured both out. To remover the bulb you MUST remove the wiring connectors first. Use a bent bobby pen and go in through the front where the bulb is to compress the clip holding the wiring in place, then use a small screw driver from the other side to push the bulb out. Hope this helps someone in the future
Okay, I broke a bulb while trying to use needle nose pliers as suggested in Post #15. I am now attempting this, but am not having any luck. I see two small slots above and below the bulb that a bobby pin fits in (once I clipped the little bulb off of the end of it). However, pushing the bobby pin in there does not seem to allow me to remove the wiring from the socket. What am I doing wrong?

edit: Never mind. I was able to grab the filament with the needle nose plier and pulled it out. Then I purposely broke the other one and did the same thing.

Last edited by Warewolf; 06-04-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:40 PM

Since it's right by these lights, has anyone ever changed the light for the rear defroster? I can't find the bulb size anywhere. Is it the same as the two 74 bulbs behind the heating and AC *****?
Old 07-19-2021, 06:19 PM
Teching In

There's no reason to pull out the whole panel, you should be able to pull it out enough to disconnect the bulbs. I just did this today in my Z, ordered a trans am hvac control module and used my ***** from the Z. Went with red led's #74

Also went with a TA cluster, got really lucky and found one with almost the same mileage as my stock, also did LED's

Crappy cell phone pics, looks way better in person and it's actually red not orange
Sorry if this is off topic. How did your change the lights in your gauges? Have you got a good source for a how-to on getting the gauges out?

Quick Reply: A/c & heater control panel lights??