Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Sunoco w/35th Stripes Modified?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010 | 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Default Sunoco w/35th Stripes Modified?

To start things off, ive got an LE SS. Its no garage queen, 136k miles on it and its my daily driver. I really love the look of the Sunoco hood on Camaro's, but since ive got an LE. Im not sure if i should get the Sunoco or just leave the car as is. The only other hood out there that will keep the look & stripes, is the VFN 3" SS hood but i dont like it. Its just to big for me, maybe a 2" if they offered it.

My thoughts about the stripes would be to have a local vinyl shop copy the styles of the 35th stripes, but have them go straight up the hood. Similar to how the stripes are on the new 2010 Camaro's.

Do you guys think i would be "ruining" an LE by switching hoods?
Or just making it more "unique" and stand out from the rest of LE's?

I know, its my car and do what i want with it but i want to see what you guys think about this. its just something about that Sunoco that makes me really want it but having an LE makes me think, i shouldnt get it.
Old 12-01-2010 | 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

No way dude, an LE is sn LE. leave it alone IMO.
Old 12-01-2010 | 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I personally think it wouldn't go with the 35th look. The stripes are made to flow with the SS hood and straight stripes (like on z28's) have always looked like *** to me. But your car, your money, your choice.
Old 12-01-2010 | 08:49 PM
TECH Veteran

I vote to get the sunoco hood. I'd leave the stripes off, or go with the stripes designed for that hood. The straight stripes just dont flow with 4th gens because of how curved the cars are

As for taking away the pure LE look, who cares. like you said, you drive this car everyday, might as well have it look the way you want. At that mileage, the value isn't there enough to be a reason to keep everything 100%. If it were a 5,000 mile garage queen, that'd be a different story. Just do what you want with it and you'll be happy.
Old 12-01-2010 | 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by desertLS1
No way dude, an LE is sn LE. leave it alone IMO.
i agree 100%.
Old 12-01-2010 | 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
I vote to get the sunoco hood. I'd leave the stripes off, or go with the stripes designed for that hood. The straight stripes just dont flow with 4th gens because of how curved the cars are

As for taking away the pure LE look, who cares. like you said, you drive this car everyday, might as well have it look the way you want. At that mileage, the value isn't there enough to be a reason to keep everything 100%. If it were a 5,000 mile garage queen, that'd be a different story. Just do what you want with it and you'll be happy.
just modify the new decals to curve around the scoop

go for it.
Old 12-01-2010 | 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have been wondering this as well because my dad has a red 68 with black stripes and i kinda want my 02 z28 to match, but could never find an ss with the black 35th stripes. i do like the sunoco alot and wondered if stripes, other than the side of the cowl could work. keep us posted man
Old 12-04-2010 | 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Well see what i decide on doing but ill probably print out a picture of a camaro with the Sunoco hood and try and draw the stripes on it and see how that turns out.

Quick Reply: Sunoco w/35th Stripes Modified?