Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Seatbelt guide replacement...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seatbelt guide replacement...

Unfortunately, I was outside my T/A leaning in my car from the driver's side trying to reach sonething in the rear passenger's seat, when my weight broke the seatbelt guide mounted to the side of the headrest on the driver's seat. I found the part at the dealership for $3.76, and intend to replace it tommorow, but how exactly in the hell do you get the belt removed from the car, and the old piece off/new piece on? I don't see how the metal latch on the belt passses through the guide. Has anyone had to replace this part? If so, how did you do it. I think i'm just gonna cut a slit in the guide w/ a hacksaw, and slide the belt through.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Seatbelt guide replacement...

When you were a kid, did you ever play with one of those cast iron horseshoe puzzles? Same principle. It is possible to feed it through. You just have to twist, turn, and shove it exactly the right way.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the exact same thing to mine. BUT when I ordered the replacements I got the convertable belt holders. they have a slit in them so you can take the belt off the seat so rear passengers can get it and out with out having to duck the belt. Cheap good mod for us hard top TTop guys.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:58 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks guys for your input. Istead of having to screw with it for a while, I think I'll go with the convertible guides. Thanks !!
Old 01-17-2003, 10:23 PM
Teching In

it fits through easy.you do have to have a torx socket to get the seat belt bolt out of the floor board though.about 4.00 but one of the best puchases i,ve made as far as tools go.