Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Zaino or Menzerna/Blackfire?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon
What happened to the Meguairs swirl remover, did everyone quit using that for menzerna or whats the deal?
it is still available, but has been replaced by a much more efficient product - the colorx both myself and superbuick have been talking about.

Originally Posted by SuperBuick
ColorX is a great off-the-shelf alternative to some of the more specialized polishes (3m, menzerna, meguiars DACP), but bear in mind that it does have some fillers and is more of an "all in one" type product. A bad product?? Abslutely not - but for the ultimate in perfection sometimes you need to get more specialized. I used colorX on my Daily driver as of two weeks ago (colorx just came out) and I LOVE it.
ya, it's good stuff. i'm glad a *professional* car detailer also agrees that this stuff is some good stuff

and superbuick, thanks for the compliments also also thanks for the advice you sent me a while back on removing my swirls. although i didn't take your advice, haha, i appreciate your time writing up that PM to help me out.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Superbuick, thanks for the info.

I'm not 100% sure I'll have the NBM though, hopefully so, but it may sell before the guy buys the truck.

I wouldnt worry so much about it with my truck, as I have always used quality products, but none ever mentioned here. I ran my own detailing/cleaning business for 2 years (more of a wash it off/vac/dust/carpet shampoo than anything) but there arent many people around here that care about full detailing. I also worked at a dealership detailing (i know the horror stories.... they are true... i saw it everyday) I buffed a few cars with swirl remover and mainly applied Flash wax (nearly pure liquidy wax... looked like **** and cream when not shaken) from Malco... I got some Plum Krazy from them too, its supposed to be a polymer, but its a PITA to take off.

Anyways, I may try the colorx, but depending on how bad it is when i clay it I'll make my choice. I just want perfection.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

No problem at all, glad to be able to chat with you guys about detailing - I love this stuff
Old 03-09-2004, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

SuperBuick,

I'd be happy to host some pictures of your car. I'm considering the Menzerna/Blackfire combo based on your advice, so I'd love to see what it can do for black paint. Just email me the pictures you want hosted and I'll put them up.

Josh
Old 03-09-2004, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So what is the net-net? Menzerna and Blackfire combo? Also I am going to get the PC 7428? Good choice??
Old 03-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by qwik3r
blah blah blah zaino zaino zaino, open your eyes people there is more to zaino! www.autopia.org Who wants to mix stuff and play around with 20 different polishes. Get a 2 step process. Menzerna Intensive/Final than Blackfire or Menzerna/Klasse AIO/Sealer Glaze.

This is what 2 coats of klasse looks like:

I might have mis-read but what are the actual steps that you took to get that shine? Is that just two coats of Klasse AIO or is it SG or am I missing something. Could you please explain the details. Thanks.

Your car looks incredible in that picuture.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where do you order klasse from?
Old 03-10-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

www.properautocare.com

Quick Reply: Zaino or Menzerna/Blackfire?