Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Everyone with a CME come in!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Everyone with a CME come in!

Ok, the other day I noticed that part of my valence started to come off so I re-did the whole thing and it just seems like the 3M double adhesive tape isn't holding to good. Yes, I'm using the strong stuff with the red film too. I also cleaned the bumper and valence really well before applying the tape too. Is there anything else that I can use that'll hold better? I remember a moderator on here with a black 97 SS and a blue formula had a CME on his Camaro. He said he used some kind of auto glue that holds really good, but I can't find that thread anymore.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had mine painted and installed by my bodyshop. They even attached it and filled the holes where they attached to the stock bumper. Thye also used a type of adhesive between the two pieces.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds dumb but on mine i ran a couple small sheet metal screws up through it if i ever took it off you would never see the couple small holes underneath the bumper and its not coming off trust me i just backed into a landscaping rock and cracked the plastic but never came loose from bumper
Old 01-03-2011, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Mine has been fine and im using the same tape, also the 3 push pins. Only prob im having notice today is rock chips behind the tire. I wanna get some of the clear tape to protect the paint but I dont know where to get it from.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:28 PM
TECH Resident

mine looks terrible. what did you guys do to remove the 3m tape? i have a lot of it and it looks like crap. i would like to mold it into the bumber this yr have you guys considered molding yours in? how would you mold it in with out it cracking because it my buddy that recently got out of tech school says it might crack from flexibility issues???
Old 01-03-2011, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
mine looks terrible. what did you guys do to remove the 3m tape? i have a lot of it and it looks like crap. i would like to mold it into the bumber this yr have you guys considered molding yours in? how would you mold it in with out it cracking because it my buddy that recently got out of tech school says it might crack from flexibility issues???
6LE sells a molded bumper, just have to get it painted(which you'd have to anyways) and you can sell your CME Valance to recoup some costs.

Here's his new one with a CETA style area.
http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=207
Old 01-03-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GENE510SS
Mine has been fine and im using the same tape, also the 3 push pins. Only prob im having notice today is rock chips behind the tire. I wanna get some of the clear tape to protect the paint but I dont know where to get it from.
Why don't you try your hand at the ZO6 mudflaps or whatever they are.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
Why don't you try your hand at the ZO6 mudflaps or whatever they are.
I dont think I ever seen them on a camaro with cme I was trying to do a search.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I don't know though. I just want something to hold a lot better.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by airforcemanss

Blended:

Old 01-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the 3M on my CME, then my dual valance and then my CME again with no problems. Could be the climate...

I run my full blended bumper now but I think the sheet metal screws sounds like a good idea I'd use if I had the issue...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

Just curious as I'm hoping to buy a CME soon, what do the 3 clips look like? I've been looking for an OEM CME and most the people who are selling them don't have the clips. Are they just the big body clips like the ones that hold the front bumper on? Anyone have pictures?

Sorry to thread jack but i figured i'd ask here rather then making a whole new thread. By the way, no offence 6LE when i said I want OEM, just wanting it to be close to original as it can. If I don't find one, i'll definitely be coming to you!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 94 Camaro Z28
Just curious as I'm hoping to buy a CME soon, what do the 3 clips look like? I've been looking for an OEM CME and most the people who are selling them don't have the clips. Are they just the big body clips like the ones that hold the front bumper on? Anyone have pictures?

Sorry to thread jack but i figured i'd ask here rather then making a whole new thread. By the way, no offence 6LE when i said I want OEM, just wanting it to be close to original as it can. If I don't find one, i'll definitely be coming to you!
Look behind your rear tires on the bottom of your bumper and you'll see it. There is one on each side and the valance reuses those. Some people put a third one in the center but I never have.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

I would personally drill and rivet it on from the inside.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is exactly what I used:

Stuff works awesome! Ive had mine done with this for 5 years now and it's been holding perfect! I highly recommend this stuff!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Junkie

I dont think I ever seen them on a camaro with cme I was trying to do a search.
Here is a thread souly about the splash guards... https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...z06-vette.html
Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the replies everyone. I decided to just re-do the valence for like the 15th time and it seems to be holding good now.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
Thanks for the replies everyone. I decided to just re-do the valence for like the 15th time and it seems to be holding good now.
stop swangN em and you should be kool lol Sup man? ready to come to vac again lol
Old 01-06-2011, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
stop swangN em and you should be kool lol Sup man? ready to come to vac again lol
Its crazy to think out of the 8 years I've owned my car I've never done 1 donut. Vacaville is deep though. Last time we went out there it was super dead
Old 01-31-2011, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

You can get that clear paint protector tape from Afterthoughtsauto.com

Quick Reply: Everyone with a CME come in!