Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Do not use ORANGE BLAST by Greased Lightning on your wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 06:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Do not use ORANGE BLAST by Greased Lightning on your wheels!

WARNING: Don't use Greased Lightning "Orange Blast All Wheel Cleaner" on your wheels!

I bought and used it to clean my chrome wheels of my c5 vert. Unfortunately, it completely discolored and etched my drilled and slotted Zinc Plated Rotors. There is no warning on the label and the company told me to take a hike. Not even an appology. I called them to tell them about the problem and to have them change their labels to warn others that it could hurt their expensive aftermarket rotors but they didn't care and didn't want to hear about it. The woman that I talked with when I called their customer service number didn't even want to hear what I had to say.

I just want to warn you, my brothers and sisters, to stay away from this product and the company that makes it. A&M Cleaning Products doesn't care about their customers.
GREASED LIGHTNING "ORANGE BLAST" ALL WHEEL CLEANER IS GARBAGE! Don't Damage your vehicle by using it. If you have some, return it to the store for a refund.

A link to their website: http://www.greased-lightning.com/abo...last_auto.html
Old 02-12-2004, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

There are a lot of wheel cleaners that etch the zinc rotors. I think even Armorall Wheel Cleaner will do the same thing.

I don't ubderstand why people use acidic wheel cleaners in the first place. If you wash regularly, there is no need for it. Soap and water do just as well.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
There are a lot of wheel cleaners that etch the zinc rotors. I think even Armorall Wheel Cleaner will do the same thing.

I don't ubderstand why people use acidic wheel cleaners in the first place. If you wash regularly, there is no need for it. Soap and water do just as well.

I agree, that's crazy to trust some $10 cleaner on those expensive rims. I use a rag to wipe my Z06 rims clean then some wax to bling them up
Old 02-12-2004, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its never hurt mine. Sure when your first spray on then wash, but comes clean.

Old 02-12-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just zaino my rims and then just wipe them down. that has worked and kept my powdercoated rims scratch free.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

I have used acid on all my wheels,though a coat of wax does seem to work better,sorry to hear about that bro.

Quick Reply: Do not use ORANGE BLAST by Greased Lightning on your wheels!