Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Would you buy a replica 01-02 Firehawk Iroc spoiler?
YES!!!
41.24%
No.....
32.47%
It's okay but I like stock better.
26.29%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

So If 6LE made a replica 01-02 firehawk Spoiler would you buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skorpion317
I am doing sheeeeeeit with it. I just need to get the T/A hatch I bought (which was damaged during shipping) repaired.

I remember the night I bought the spoiler. I had found a spoiler for sale, but I got out-bid at the last second. I kept searching every day after that in case one showed up. I was at work on a midnight shift a couple weeks later, and searched on my phone's eBay app, and that one came up. I didn't care how much it was, I just wanted to get it before someone else did.

I voted "yes", since the Firebird guys need some alternatives to the T/A spoiler and the crappy Wings West stuff.

So the next question is would you be willing to sell it to 6LE so he can make a copy of it and start selling them at decent price. The details of the deal would be up to you and 6LE.

Edit: help me skorpion317 you're my only hope LOL!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Because of the hatch, you're not doing anything with it currently. It would be very generous of you to loan it out for dimension reasons.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

N/M...didn't see 6le's above post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bj350hp
So the next question is would you be willing to sell it to 6LE so he can make a copy of it and start selling them at decent price. The details of the deal would be up to you and 6LE.

Edit: help me skorpion317 you're my only hope LOL!
Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
There is no lending. I need to buy it outright. It will be destroyed in the process...
I would loan it out if it wasn't going to be destroyed.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would loan it out if it wasn't going to be destroyed.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You took that pretty well. It could have been this:

Trust me, I'd love to see a replica made.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You took that pretty well. It could have been this:

Trust me, I'd love to see a replica made.
haha I'm just fine with my TA wing but if I could have the SLP wing I would be much happier.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:50 AM
TECH Resident

Damn! One awesome chance at getting the replica made and it fails.

I hope there is someone out there willing to help make this happen.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
Damn! One awesome chance at getting the replica made and it fails.

I hope there is someone out there willing to help make this happen.
The best chance would be to keep searching eBay, and when one becomes available, have a bunch of people put up the cash for it so the cost is spread out. 26 people voted "yes" - the spoiler will probably cost about the same amount I paid (~$950). $950/26 = $37/person. Even if you only get half the people to shell out money, it's $73/person. That's a reasonable amount.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Now lets not start a bidding war on eBay and have it sell for like $3000.00.

I'd like to see this made because of it being a bolt on deal, you could switch back and forth if you were so inclined.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 AM
TECH Regular

I still think a haritage spoiler would be 100000x better LOL. That aside.. maybe someone would donate an original with a gaurantee of the first replica being theirs? With 6LE's track record and QC odds are it will be better than the original *shrug*
Old 03-02-2011, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RacingTiger03
I still think a haritage spoiler would be 100000x better LOL. That aside.. maybe someone would donate an original with a gaurantee of the first replica being theirs? With 6LE's track record and QC odds are it will be better than the original *shrug*
See that's what I was hoping skorpion317 would do but like I said it's up to him and 6LE to work out the details of the deal.

skorpion317 wing would be good one to make a replica from because 1. it's not installed on his car and 2. it's not painted. So say he sent it to 6LE they make a copy and send him the first replica back he would only be out time and not money because he would not have to get a wing repainted again.

So basically all he would lose from helping us out is time.

Now on the other hand I can see why he doesn't want to give up the wing. He did pay almost a grand for it and in the process of making a copy they have to destroy his 1G wing.

If it was me and 6LE could guarantee me that he would send me the first replica wing back I would do it.

But besides someone giving 6LE there wing their is not much more I can do.
I have sent out emails to every f-body graveyard I can think of and I'm always searching forums and ebay for it.

Last edited by bj350hp; 03-02-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The originals of any part are usually worth a good deal more than the replicas. Lets be honest, no one is going to pay $1000 for a replica. IMHO I think a good discount ought to be in order for the person who donates their wing to the cause, not just the promise of a receiving a replacement worth less than the original.

If I had a wing I wouldn't donate it knowing that what I would get back was worth less than what I had sent it. Its very unfair to expect this of anyone. Just my .02 and what do I know, the wing won't fit my vert anyway.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

ehh i have a camaro so my 2 cents doesnt matter but, idk if did have a bird it would def have to be trans am spoiler all the way. that just looks like the back of the car has a crown on it or something
Old 03-02-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedVertTA
The originals of any part are usually worth a good deal more than the replicas. Lets be honest, no one is going to pay $1000 for a replica. IMHO I think a good discount ought to be in order for the person who donates their wing to the cause, not just the promise of a receiving a replacement worth less than the original.

If I had a wing I wouldn't donate it knowing that what I would get back was worth less than what I had sent it. Its very unfair to expect this of anyone. Just my .02 and what do I know, the wing won't fit my vert anyway.
Good point didn't consider that fact, but think about this if anyone with this spoiler gets in a accidents there is no replacement at all.

I'm going to keep looking, if i find one Im going to be sending it to 6LE to make a copy of.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would offer scorpion whatever he paid for it PLUS a free replica OR, I'm in talks about this now, if I can get it done without damaging the original I'd give him back the original (no charge).

Either way he'd have $1000 back in his pocket and a free spoiler in 4-6 months (long time, I know )...
Old 03-02-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would offer scorpion whatever he paid for it PLUS a free replica OR, I'm in talks about this now, if I can get it done without damaging the original I'd give him back the original (no charge).

Either way he'd have $1000 back in his pocket and a free spoiler in 4-6 months (long time, I know )...
wow that sounds like a win win for him!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bj350hp
if anyone with this spoiler gets in a accidents there is no replacement at all.
That is an excellent point.

Wow, that's a deal.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

leave it to 6LE to do something like that haha. I bet YearOne started something like this... lol. When GM stops making parts we'll still have you right? Next superhawk and firehawk replica hoods kudos guy. (whether it works out in anyones favor or not, love the effort being put forth here by everyone, skorpion included for considering such a thing!) This is what community is all about
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RacingTiger03
leave it to 6LE to do something like that haha. I bet YearOne started something like this... lol. When GM stops making parts we'll still have you right? Next superhawk and firehawk replica hoods kudos guy. (whether it works out in anyones favor or not, love the effort being put forth here by everyone, skorpion included for considering such a thing!) This is what community is all about
Please?

Hell, I'd buy the wing as well if the Firehawk hood was made.

Quick Reply: So If 6LE made a replica 01-02 firehawk Spoiler would you buy it?