Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Damn Rattles!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 08:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
From reading your post , I feel my setup for a DD stock street car I 'd need Shocks for the agile handling and maybe the heater hose mod for a slightly lower look.

You said lowering springs make the ride harsh, not what I 'm looking for. Great, however I didn't understand the part about sway bars.
I wouldn't say the Strano springs made the ride overly harsh at all, just a little more rough/harsh on bigger bumps. Its a noticeable difference though.
When the sway bars are on the car, would you say they make the car travel as a whole and give it the affect of "slamming down" on bumpy roads?
No, the swaybars didn't have the car slamming at all - what you are describing sounds like the shitty stock shocks to me. The swaybars had you feeling the road more, and had the car moving on bumps more, but not a harsh or jarring experience. Like I said, its hard to put into words sorry.

It turns out my factory lower control arms and bushings are bad along with trans bushing. Do these come with busings? For a stock car what do you recommend?
  1. Lower Control Arms- Poly/Roto-Joint Combination
  2. Lower Control Arms, Tubular + Adjustable + Chrome-Moly
  3. Lower Control Arms, Tubular + Adjustable
  4. Lower Control Arms, Tubular, Non-Adjustable
  5. Lower Control Arms, Double Adjustable w/rod-ends, Mild Steel

On Sam's website theres array of things I never heard off.
Thank you for all your insight!
If just the bushings are bad you can replace the stock ones with 1LE rubber bushings from Sam's site. I don't have these yet but they supposedly still ride like OEM but are slightly stiffer. No sense in spending the money on LCA if you don't need to.
Also do not use poly on your trans mount, it seems like a hit or miss with people who get vibrations with them. Just stick to rubber.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Alright I have a much better understanding of it all ,and hoping new shocks & bushings stop the feeling of car falling apart at every bump.

I know where my bday cash is going now!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
good to see another f-body owner from NY
There are lots of us here

You already know how our great city's roads are.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
There are lots of us here

You already know how our great city's roads are.
Yeah there are alot from NY reppin it! just dont always know who lol..

Tell me about it! Here in yonkers the roads have become So atrocious that its making me want to put 16"s back on the car lol i cant even do that if i wanted to... damned C5 brakes

Quick Reply: Damn Rattles!