Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Houndstooth Seats...Who Has Them? Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prices please for us Pontiac folks!

-John
Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait, you guys are recovering seats now?

Sorry if I'm slow, lol
Old 03-04-2011, 02:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
Wait, you guys are recovering seats now?

Sorry if I'm slow, lol
We're tryin'...
Old 03-04-2011, 07:08 AM
12 Second Club

Sommer, we need to talk, LMFAO
Old 03-04-2011, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

6LE, you guys aren't messing around anymore. This is SO BADASS
I can't wait to be able to order this
Old 03-04-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I want the red ones like you have Sommer. Hopefully have enough interests.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE
We're tryin'...
Awesome. Definitely on my list of stuff to get (along with way to many other things, lol)
Old 03-04-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black94Z28
I want the red ones like you have Sommer. Hopefully have enough interests.
We dont need interest to get these made, we've decided to just do it and front the cash to get the shop to get going on these for some templates.

We're going to do a GP/Introductory rate on these to see where we can realistically go with them, and see if it's a fad to get cool custom seat covers or a real interest to get new replacement covers.

I will also start a seperate thread about just seats and any questions can be answered in there)

Heres is the pricing I promised you guys:

The normal price we're going sell these for will be $850 or $950 (Pontiac's have a different seat patterns and need more work, sorry). That is WITH all new seat covers with the fronts and rears. (no hog rings either! These will have the same stock GM type clip fasteners so these beauties will never have to be poked or cut) It is an amazing looking Hampton Vinyl and that will have a hounds tooth insert of your choice of the 4 colors we offer.

We want to get this going so we decided to do a price of $750 or $850 right now on these! This includes shipping to the lower 48 states. Our turn around will be FAST! He showed me color schemes that would blow you all away too.

Let the amazing-ness begin!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

What's a ballpark price for just the front two, same white and black as the picture? Kind of interested in some if the price is right, but I am a bit of a cheap *** ha. That white and black just looks SOO good though
Old 03-04-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gocartone
What's a ballpark price for just the front two, same white and black as the picture? Kind of interested in some if the price is right, but I am a bit of a cheap *** ha. That white and black just looks SOO good though
I believe those might be $550 shipped (but "maybe" a little cheaper). We really didn't discuss fronts only, lol. But in that ball park. (Remember, a Pontiac is more $$ than a Camaro)

Hell, we'll even do contrasting stitching for you free if you're the first to order. (it will possibly be an order option, but it's more of a pain to keep track of)
Old 03-04-2011, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Ya know, $850 for a complete set is a good deal guys. Go to a couple local shops & see how bad they try to rape you for a set of replacement covers. I know the shops around my area are far too proud of their work to do a set for $850.

This is something a person with average mechanical skills could do in a weekend & not really have any down time with his car. Covers come in & you simply switch them out. Granted I know its a little more involved than that but thats the idea.

Will the cover sets include the headrest for the Pontiacs? (i would imagine so, just askin though)

If it ever gets to a point where front/rear sets could be ordered separately that could make it a little easier on the ol' pocket book for some as well. This is definetly on my list along with adding seat warmers when the new covers go on. I'd rather renew my comfy stock seats with all the adjustments they have than spend almost this much on a set of seats, then make rails, lose the power options & still have to get the rears recovered to match the front.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Ya know, $850 for a complete set is a good deal guys. Go to a couple local shops & see how bad they try to rape you for a set of replacement covers. I know the shops around my area are far too proud of their work to do a set for $850.

This is something a person with average mechanical skills could do in a weekend & not really have any down time with his car. Covers come in & you simply switch them out. Granted I know its a little more involved than that but thats the idea.

Will the cover sets include the headrest for the Pontiacs? (i would imagine so, just askin though)

If it ever gets to a point where front/rear sets could be ordered separately that could make it a little easier on the ol' pocket book for some as well. This is definetly on my list along with adding seat warmers when the new covers go on. I'd rather renew my comfy stock seats with all the adjustments they have than spend almost this much on a set of seats, then make rails, lose the power options & still have to get the rears recovered to match the front.
This is a pretty mellow process as far as those not being mechanically inclined goes.

And yes, the headrest cover will come with the seats . We're even working on an embroidery price for logos.... but it isn't looking cheap for some of the AWESOME logo's i've asked about. (LOTB, all the anniversaries, WS.6, WS.9, all the different generations of firechickens, SS emblems, Z-28, 6LE, SES, etc.) Prices were looking like $45-ish per panel with a logo on it.

And to answer the seat "sets" question, we'd never feel comfortable offering that because materials vary from batch to batch. If the rears you order in 3 months are made of a new or discontinued material from the fronts you'd be assed out. You're better off just saving for the set and paying more later, or bite the bullet and get it now for cheaper. We can also do these in GP's, but 10 will be required and it would have to be in an alloted time frame... and you know how hard it is to get even 5 people to commit.

Remember, that price is shipped and we'd get those out to you in a week or so.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

I think these are made by the same people(if not I can take the picture down)-

I know $850 is a good deal for a full set, but the back seats are more than likely coming out of my car. I could see it being worth it in a car that had useful back seats haha.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

i was thinking about taking the houndstooth route myself but make it green and blue with my car being mystic teal it changes color in the sun so i thought that may be something to make it stand out when i take the t tops off
Old 03-04-2011, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will 100% buy a set once I get my tax return. What colors do you offer? These are actual seat skins, not just something that slides over the factory seat correct. Mine are torn and faded on the edges so mine will need the factory ones removed, maybe side foam installed (drivers seat) and new covers. Price sounds more than fair, GP or not...
Old 03-04-2011, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gocartone
I think these are made by the same people(if not I can take the picture down)-

I know $850 is a good deal for a full set, but the back seats are more than likely coming out of my car. I could see it being worth it in a car that had useful back seats haha.
Not the same guy at all, but could be the same embroiderer. Our guy sends out the embroidery to another shop.

And like I said, if any of you guys are just interested in fronts, we'll figure out a pricing for you. (we know a few guys out here with the !rear seat mod too)
Old 03-04-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

I will 100% buy a set once I get my tax return. What colors do you offer? These are actual seat skins, not just something that slides over the factory seat correct. Mine are torn and faded on the edges so mine will need the factory ones removed, maybe side foam installed (drivers seat) and new covers. Price sounds more than fair, GP or not...
You tell us what you're looking for, and we'll tell you if it can happen. It's like our gauge overlays..... let your mind get crazy with it! (tastefully, lol)

And yes, these replace your seat cover in the car now. Just pull yours off, and pull ours on.

And It's all made right here in the good ol' US of A.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE
You tell us what you're looking for, and we'll tell you if it can happen. It's like our gauge overlays..... let your mind get crazy with it! (tastefully, lol)

And yes, these replace your seat cover in the car now. Just pull yours off, and pull ours on.

And It's all made right here in the good ol' US of A.
I would like red like yours but I ordered a silver Manta stripe kit so may want to do something closer to that. Not sure if red would look out of place. Maybe the black covers with silver (grey?) inserts...
Old 03-04-2011, 07:36 PM

I would like red like yours but I ordered a silver Manta stripe kit so may want to do something closer to that. Not sure if red would look out of place. Maybe the black covers with silver (grey?) inserts...
This I would be up for ! Silver is what matches my Camaro and its accents
so unfortunately the offered colors are out
Old 04-01-2011, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Will you be offering the door panel insert material in a kit as well?

Quick Reply: Houndstooth Seats...Who Has Them? Pics...