Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

95-97 firebird/trans projector headlights $30?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95-97 firebird/trans projector headlights $30?

Ok I along with everyone else who owns our cars know the halogen headlights SUCK, I might as well turn them off at night it would be the same with them on...(took it to the extreme just a little ) but seriously our headlights are a hazard when driving at night, they just don't emit enough light. I've read HID's in halogen housings, BSL HID projector, Blackbird lighting solutions, etc... and I like the BSL/blackbird.... just a bit pricey for me at the moment..So....long story short I found these on amazon and was wondering what you guys think about them... I've never heard of projectors this cheap? from the image can you guys tell what these actually are... it sucks that the product description isn't more than what it is.. so I can't actually tell what they are specifically..What do you guys think? http://www.amazon.com/1995-1997-Pont...9095976&sr=1-9

also did the check to see if this fits your vehicle or not thing and it came back as it doesn't fit my 1996 firebird.. lol wtf.. then why does the title says projector headlights for 1995-1997 firebird..... I wonder if they do fit and I wonder if they are projectors.. hmmm
Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The headlights you linked are typically confused with an actual projector headlight. These are nothing more than a 4x6 housing with a piece of glass to imitate the look of a projector. The performance will be horrible and probably worse than what you have now.

If you are in the market to improve the lighting of your car and do it on a smaller budget, I would suggest Hella 165MM free-form housings. They will convert the sealed beams to a removable H4 lamp and will significantly improve the lighting. I used these on my own vehicle for a year or two with excellent results for a halogen setup.

If you want the best lighting system for these cars, then we can certainly help you with that when you are ready.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

BLSolutions is correct

Quick Reply: 95-97 firebird/trans projector headlights $30?