Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Seat... Shift Knobs and Steering Wheels, Oh My!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat... Shift ***** and Steering Wheels, Oh My!!!

Who has custom seats or have taken seats from one type of car, say the seat from a S2000 or a Porsche and modded them to fit!!?? Also who is running a custom Steering wheel?

Post them if ya got them!!!

I was thinking about getting another set of Corbeau X2000's since their customer service is UNbeatable!!! I was also thinking of a set of Brides Cuga seats...

But these are at my #1 for my 98 Trans Am Vert! They have quick-tilt forward for the seat back for easy rear access, micro-adjust reclining mechanism which has passed a 20G rear impact test and a map pocket!

As for the shift **** and steering wheel, what do you guys think of these? Simoni Racing seems to have a great Rep in Euro and Nihon (Japan).

What sucks is it looks like I will need to get them imported from Italy since I can't find a U.S. distributor.

These are the X5 models; they are all 350mm:
Top Left to Right: Carbon Fiber X5 and the X5 Stealth
Lower Left to Right: X5 Poly and the Torque

I really like the X5 Stealth - the Top Right. It's something different and I think it would look SICK in a T/A vert with the RKSport tonneau cover, VFN 5" cowl Ram Air hood and Evolution front Bumper that I have! I also want to pick up the Vizage Body Kit; all in a Black and Red color scheme

DM

Last edited by Devils Mentor; 03-09-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lancer Evo 8 Recaro seats on stock rails:

And the custom Firebird emblems I added from EmblemPros:

Old 03-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

Are those Recaros in suede? They look good man!

DM
Old 03-09-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
Are those Recaros in suede? They look good man!

DM
Yeah, suede with a blue/black cloth insert. You also asked for pics of aftermarket steering wheels, here's mine (Personal Neo Grinta, black suede w/ blue stitching):

You can also see my C5R-style delrin shift ****.

No offense, but the steering wheels and shift ***** you posted don't look too good. They're overdone and kind of ricey. In my opinion, simpler is better.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

If you're going with a red theme that top right shift **** looks great... if you DO decide to import from them give me a shout before you do.. I'm lovin that top right shift **** lol. That aside, bottom left steering wheel (again if you're going with red that subtle hint will be nice and not distracting) and I think it'll go well with those seats you like as well.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RacingTiger03
If you're going with a red theme that top right shift **** looks great... if you DO decide to import from them give me a shout before you do.. I'm lovin that top right shift **** lol. That aside, bottom left steering wheel (again if you're going with red that subtle hint will be nice and not distracting) and I think it'll go well with those seats you like as well.
Yeah that CF shift **** does look SICK and if I recall correctly, the red talon on it lights up. As for the steering wheel, I really like the top right, it so different and would really fit the theme of the the Vert., I just wish the CF wheel came with red accents, but nothing an upholstery shop couldn't fix

Yeah I'll hit ya up when I get ready to buy

DM
Old 03-09-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

I definitely like the more contrasty colors on the top right wheel, but that middle peice missing would drive me insane! I would shoot that company an email... the trim peices look exactly the same! I would bet anything they can do the red inserts for you on the CF wheel, and that would look nice for your theme!

skorpion, I love your taste in cars, very similar to mine! less is always more! I don't think the ***** are too bad, actually like the style of them (the chrome is too damn shiny though and I will be sanding it to a brushed finish if I do get to order one with him lol.) the wheels are over the top for me, but I think (judging by the seat) the look he is going for will go very well with these parts! It may be over the top... but thats usually what wins shows =/ I think I only know of one clean simple SOM WS6 that wins tons of awards lol Also I think these will look much more subtle inside the car, and will go with the more agressive exterior styling of the T/A well. but we'll see *shrug*... now for you, get that IROC spoiler mounted so I can make up my mind on how it flows with the formula! LOL
Old 03-09-2011, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

skorpion, I love your taste in cars, very similar to mine! less is always more! I don't think the ***** are too bad, actually like the style of them (the chrome is too damn shiny though and I will be sanding it to a brushed finish if I do get to order one with him lol.) the wheels are over the top for me, but I think (judging by the seat) the look he is going for will go very well with these parts! It may be over the top... but thats usually what wins shows =/ I think I only know of one clean simple SOM WS6 that wins tons of awards lol Also I think these will look much more subtle inside the car, and will go with the more agressive exterior styling of the T/A well. but we'll see *shrug*... now for you, get that IROC spoiler mounted so I can make up my mind on how it flows with the formula! LOL
I think the IROC spoiler looks great on Formulas - it basically looks like a stock Formula spoiler on steroids. GM should have made it the factory Formula spoiler. Check out WS6Jim's car, he's got a Firehawk hood and an IROC spoiler, which IMO is the perfect look for a Formula:

Stock Formula spoiler for comparison:
Old 03-09-2011, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time...."
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zerokube
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time...."
Does anything else matter? Your the mortgage, your the store, what about your team and all their bullshit. So you telling me that for those ten seconds or less, you're free!?

DM
Old 03-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Banned

I definitely like the more contrasty colors on the top right wheel, but that middle peice missing would drive me insane! I would shoot that company an email... the trim peices look exactly the same! I would bet anything they can do the red inserts for you on the CF wheel, and that would look nice for your theme!

The way I drive, I hardly ever have my hands @ the 12 o'clock position so it wouldn't be too bad for me, but I plan on installing a quick release

Yeah they are the same wheel, save for the upper center section so I agree that in theory, they should be able to do it, but who knows if their manufacture will without raping the price.

I would love to get one of each ( the 2 at the top ), but both in CF and with red accents.

BTW - did I miss a post fro Skorpion? the second part of your post leads me to believe that I missed something from Skorpion.

And BTW Skorpion, I'm digg'n that spoiler

DM
Old 03-09-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those wheels are definatly different but i wouldnt go for em, if you ever get your car sideways having a wheel that you can control while its spinning is a must and you cant with these. Unless your just going for show but even then idk just not my taste. I really like those personal wheels like skorpions or a momo wheel
Old 03-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by skorpion317
Yeah, suede with a blue/black cloth insert. You also asked for pics of aftermarket steering wheels, here's mine (Personal Neo Grinta, black suede w/ blue stitching):

You can also see my C5R-style delrin shift ****.

No offense, but the steering wheels and shift ***** you posted don't look too good. They're overdone and kind of ricey. In my opinion, simpler is better.
Dude.... how did I miss this post, lol...

Yeah the stuff I'm looking at is deff more than wild, but with everything else I have going on, it will all blend well I think. It's deff not for everybody, but then again, it's not every bodies car... it's mine

But then again, I do like the clean look you've got going on as well, but with my 5" cowl, RST tanneau cover, and Evolution bumper, and (when I get it) Vizage Body Kit, the clean look will look too bland.

DM
Old 03-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Those wheels are definatly different but i wouldnt go for em, if you ever get your car sideways having a wheel that you can control while its spinning is a must and you cant with these. Unless your just going for show but even then idk just not my taste. I really like those personal wheels like skorpions or a momo wheel
Yeah that is why I am going to go with a detachable hub, this way I can change out the wheel. Even though I really don't drive @ the 12 o'clock position, like I said before, I wouldn't want to drive with the "Demon Horn" wheel in the rain

Now I do like some of the Momo and was thinking of going with these, but I think they're a little too tame for my setup, plus I really do dig the crazy look of the Simoni wheels.

DM
Old 03-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Banned

As for my Gauge cluster, I was thinking of going LCD

These are a single unit multi Gauge OLED screen:

http://www.dashdaq.com/index.htm

http://english.bros.co.kr/shop/gongji_view.php?fg_id=3

PLX also makes some BAD *** OLED component gauges!

http://www.plxdevices.com/multigauges.html

DM
Old 03-10-2011, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Besides looking horrible, I think you'll be disappointed with any of those steering wheels/shift ***** right after you install them. Keep it clean and keep it simple. A simple black grant 3 spoke wheel or the one skorpion317 posted above look amazing. A4 or M6? Lots more choices w m6 ***** and if you have A4, just use an adapter for an M6 ****. Also, the seat you love looks like the famous "the scream" painting. Stick with a factory c5/c6, s2000, or evo seat.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah those wheels are sweet but way to wild for my taste man,I'm gonna swap my wheel out soon but not for one that if you miss your blinker it will cut off a finger,lol
Old 03-10-2011, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Those steering wheels are terrible ugh...
Old 03-10-2011, 08:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

haha this would look cool!

For practical and looks I 'd get either of two steering wheels on the left.
Shift **** on top right and bride seats should do it.

Instead of digital gauges I 'd suggest gauge overlays that tie theme together with the wheel and shiftknob.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

hey skorpion317 great seats how much for the recaro seat how wide im 6,3 270lbs thats why I have an fbody not a vette im kinda wide in the saddle so need room thanks. REMEMBER:WHAT YOU DRIVE DRIVES AMERICA!! BUY USA!!

Quick Reply: Seat... Shift Knobs and Steering Wheels, Oh My!!!