Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Leather EBRAKE HANDLE covers now available!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I pulled my handle off by drilling out the rivet (you'll need around a 5/32" drill bit and a lot of patience)...it's kinda hard to explain how to get it off from there, but even that won't let it come completely off. You basically need a skinny flat head screw driver and use it to push into the channel that hides the metal rod that is attached to the button. Use the screw driver to push on the metal rod (push toward the back of the car) to disengage it from the e-brake assembly (make sure your car is in gear, because after you do this, the e-brake will no longer work), and pull the button up and out along with the handle.

It is aggravating at best, but be warned...I still wasn't able to get those little flaps to fit down well enough for my liking so that they would stay in place when you used the e-brake, so I ended up leaving it off my car, and I'm not sure what to do.

Also...and this is the important part...you'll need to figure out a way to resecure the handle to the assembly. You can either rivet it in place like they did from the factory, or you'll have to tap the hole for a screw (I used a 10-24 tap with mine). If you don't resecure it, the ebrake assembly won't work very well, if at all.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vikingramair
Same question, i tried to tuck those down it stays in place on one side but flips up on the other, i will but some glue to this, same glue i use for wrap vinyl. Can´t think of any other solution. But i love the look of my "new" E-brake handle..
Hi,

I would recommend glueing the flaps, I really don't see any other way around this. I would just use glue in the troublesome spots, where the flaps tend to move.

Hope that helps
Maciek
Old 04-03-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got all of my flaps to tuck around the button except for the bottom one which u can't see. I then used a 3/16 rivet to reinstall the handle. It can be aggravating to get the metal rod to latch to the locking device at the base of the handle but it wasn't bad. You can engage and release this latch with your fingers.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an FYI: I've had RedlineGoods products in my cars for, I think, 6 years or so now.

Multiple Sets; 6 I believe. And I'll purchase many more.

I have NEVER seen such high quality Leather with this craftsmanship at this price; AND you can customize the set/materials to whatever your imagination desires.

The boots and covers look and FEEL like products 3 times the price.

I only post this to help ALL F-body owners help themselves and their cars
Old 04-04-2011, 06:58 AM
TECH Resident

I just slid my e-brake handle cover on, then, tucked in the flaps. I got a flathead screwdriver with electrical tape at the end and tucked in the flaps. Worked perfectly.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by chon79
I just slid my e-brake handle cover on, then, tucked in the flaps. I got a flathead screwdriver with electrical tape at the end and tucked in the flaps. Worked perfectly.
Hi,

a double-sided tape might be a great answer as well, if you guys don't want to mess with glue. Very cool, thin double-sided tape usually comes with the protection devices for babies, like plastic covers for table corners and such.

Have a great day,
Maciek
Old 04-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

What kind of glue would work best? I don't want to use something that either:

A: doesn't bond to the fabric
B: eats the fabric
Old 04-04-2011, 12:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
What kind of glue would work best? I don't want to use something that either:

A: doesn't bond to the fabric
B: eats the fabric
Having given it more thought, I'd stay with the double-sided tape.

Maciek
Old 04-10-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maciek,What color leather is this? Charcoal?

Originally Posted by RedlineGoods.com
Hi guys,

many of you asked about recovering the ebrake handles, usually all scratched and worn due to age and use. We've come up with a product to meet this demand:

And our newest DISCOUNT CODE valid through Wednesday, March 16th: 77N2JU44AX8

There's a very simple process to get them too:

Please see this direct link: http://www.redlinegoods.com/Camaro9802shiftboot.shtm

If you scroll down to the pricing table at the bottom of the page I've given you a link to, you can click the link in the pricing table that corresponds to the combination of products you'd like to order, and you will be taken straight to our order form where you can customize your boots (colors of leather, thread, finishing style and color, shift boot resize, etc.) and proceed to checkout either via PayPal or with your credit card.

It's the simplest way to place an order with us really.

Hope that helps and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further questions. Also, find us on Facebook here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Redlin...s/370288098329

Have a great day,
Maciek
Old 04-10-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its Charcoal.

Quick Reply: Leather EBRAKE HANDLE covers now available!