Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

stock grille painted arctic white w/ orange inserts

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks everyone! glad people think it looks good...I like it...only problem is it got sunny outside, and the grille is looking more cream in color then the rest of the car...deciding weather to strip it and repaint it with some color matched paint at a body shop, or just do the grille delete deal fill holes with bondo and keep my orange letters. Hrmmm, im super pissed it doesnt match 100% >.< Stay clear of Duplicar GM Perfect Match!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:15 AM
On The Tree

how did you remove it and reinstall it. i wanna paint mine gloss black
Old 03-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kylerobison
how did you remove it and reinstall it. i wanna paint mine gloss black
lol its a pain in the @$$, you basically just pull it out, and it doesnt come easy, gotta put some strength behind it, while making sure you dont break the plastic clips...it wont fit snug when you try to reinstall it, I just used some adhesive glue on the back of the clips to ensure it stays...I might have done it wrong, but i didnt see any other way to remove/install
Old 03-15-2011, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

I actually like it.. I read ur title and i was all no but looking at it, i kinda like it.. I would maybe suggest to remove the two pieces on the bumper.. Idk what they are called.. Split lip/ lip pieces? Idk. Looks good though
Old 03-15-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks really nice and different! but why not gloss black? gd job anyway
Old 03-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
looks really nice and different! but why not gloss black? gd job anyway
Thanks man, I didnt do gloss back because im doing an orange theme, and i wanted the Orange CAMARO letters to really POP, and I felt the white would all just flow, i did orange letters on the back panel as well. and im keepin the back panel white, id like to have hugger orange stripes comming down over the white grille and under the front bumper....might clash if the grille is black.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

For some reason it reminds me of Callaway C4 corvettes. I can't explain why, but there is too much white and it makes me think "welcome to 1992". Not a fan at all, the orange letters look good though.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like it! I would run it until you can have a bodyshop spray it the same color. Shouldnt charge too much for something that small. $100 if that...

Although white is one of the tougher colors to get a 100% match. Especially with older (OEM) paint.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Resident

I believe "bright white" is the actual match for arctic white in duplicolor. Friend had the same issue. Dont hold me to that color tho lol
Old 03-15-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

It looks good to me; I just think the ground effects are throwing it a little off for me since I'm not a fan of them.

It was a bitch getting it smooth, wasn't it? I did the same thing but painted mine gloss black. I should have used sanding primer rather than trying to sand the stock plastic smooth. If you do it over again, just sand it a little with a higher grit paper. And you're right, I bet the only way you're going to get it to match perfectly is to take it to a pro. And if you go that route, you may seriously want to think about just going grille-less and paint the grille-opening body color, filling in the holes.

As far as reinstalling it, again, I ran into the same problem. Funny, there are a lot of posts on removing the grille, but few on reinstalling it. I just used flexible silicone on the mounting studs and stuck it back on. It seems to be holding so far.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whiteNrude01
Thanks man, I didnt do gloss back because im doing an orange theme, and i wanted the Orange CAMARO letters to really POP, and I felt the white would all just flow, i did orange letters on the back panel as well. and im keepin the back panel white, id like to have hugger orange stripes comming down over the white grille and under the front bumper....might clash if the grille is black.
It would have really popped and been "different" if you would have painted it gloss orange w/white letters (wouldn't notice the white mismatch like that). You would have been the first to ever do that and would have really set off the orange/white theme your looking for! Then again, being that nobody's done that, it could fail horribly as well!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ovechkin~Monk
It would have really popped and been "different" if you would have painted it gloss orange w/white letters (wouldn't notice the white mismatch like that). You would have been the first to ever do that and would have really set off the orange/white theme your looking for! Then again, being that nobody's done that, it could fail horribly as well!
lol funny you say that, I thought about that actually, painting it hugger orange with white inserts, then I was like ehhhhhh dont want my ride looking like I just pulled it out of a Need For Speed game, plus, most the grille posts ive seen everyone says "i wonder what white would look like" so here it is! its starting to grow on me, accept that I can see the difference in color match and no one else can, it looks like cream of wheat -.-
Old 03-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

looks awesome man.. you should have kept the grille off and bought inserts for the bumper i just ripped my grill off the other day on my Z also did it on my old 3.8 i am pondering what to do now.. leave it naked or get a black billet grille and put a bowtie on it
Old 03-17-2011, 05:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whiteNrude01
lol its a pain in the @$$, you basically just pull it out, and it doesnt come easy, gotta put some strength behind it, while making sure you dont break the plastic clips...it wont fit snug when you try to reinstall it, I just used some adhesive glue on the back of the clips to ensure it stays...I might have done it wrong, but i didnt see any other way to remove/install
i have a new stock grille im going to paint so i dont have to worry about breaking but i know there are like plastic screws or sumthing on the top clips. do i need those to hold it on?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Launching!

added orange retro z/28 nose badge, what y'all think?
Old 03-20-2011, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Looks nice, you did a nice job painting it. I just honestly cannot stand body kits on these cars though...
Old 03-21-2011, 01:51 AM
TECH Resident

Who's sweet SS is that in the background??
Old 04-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UnVMySS
Who's sweet SS is that in the background??
some gay guy
Old 04-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Launching!

Looks damn good to me. I wouldn't mind seeing this car with some hugger orange hockey stripes down the sides, I think it would look good.

And personally I wouldn't own a Camaro without a body kit, makes the car keep up with the Trans Am's as far as styling imo.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by floodofnoise
Looks damn good to me. I wouldn't mind seeing this car with some hugger orange hockey stripes down the sides, I think it would look good.

And personally I wouldn't own a Camaro without a body kit, makes the car keep up with the Trans Am's as far as styling imo.
thanks for the body kit support, hugger orange hockey stripes is EXACTLY what im doing actually...with cowl hood w/ hugger orange decals on the side, or the L88 hood with orange fat stripe..no disagreement with the TRANS AM, this camaro just had everything I wanted(besides FIREBIRD) I was actually looking at a 99' Firehawk with too many miles, and a 16,500.00 price tag

Last edited by whiteNrude01; 04-25-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: stock grille painted arctic white w/ orange inserts