Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Installed HID's from VVME!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed HID's from VVME!

Ok, so i used to have the DDM Tuning HID kit. My passengerside bulb went out, read a thread on here about some of you guys having problems with them. Which i didnt want to deal with, and since there not going to be selling the HID's anymore. I just decided to look somewhere else....

That's when i remembered, a friend mentioned VVME before i got the DDM kit. Info about the kit below...

VVME HID Kit for 4th Gens, starts @ $39.74.

Output: 35W & 55W ($15 extra)
Add Relay Harness = $13.99

You get a 1yr Warranty at no cost, add $15 for a 2yr Warranty.

HID Kit includes:

- 2 x HID bulbs
- 2 x Ballasts
- 2 x Secure mounting brackets
- 2 x Power cables (attached to bulbs)
- 4 x Zip ties
- All necessary wires and accessories
- Installation Manual (English)

Avialable Colors: 4300k, 5000k, 6000k, 8000k, 10000k, & 12000k
Special Colors: 3000k (Yellow-ish in color), 15000k, Blue & Pink ($9 extra), Green & Purple ($15 extra).

I went with 35W, 5000k, + relay harness & 1yr warranty = $53.73
+ $16.82 for shipping (Express Shipped from China, yess i said it China lol) for a total of $70.55

I cannot remember correctly but thats very close to the same price i paid for the DDM Kit. Ordered on a Sunday night, got my email of the purchase being shipped via DHL on Wednesday, delivered to me on the following Monday. Took 4 Business days, overall 6 days (saturday & sunday).

Extra Info: I did not have my drill at the time, i didnt really know where i would drill and mount the bracket for the Ballasts. So i just used adhesive (got it from Autozone). So far its holding up and keeping the ballast/bracket in place.

Enough of that, on to the pics....

HID Kit....

Bracket for Ballast, and well you see the Ballast. Alot bigger then the DDM one. I cut up the adhesive in the shape of the bracket. Ill probably drill and bolt it on sometime in the future...

For those who have not wired up an HID kit. The piece that isnt connect to anything, will connect to your relay harness.

DDM Kit has 2 connections on this side, this one only has 1 connection. This connection will go into the piece that is left un-connected from the bulb (pic right above this). Now since this only has 1 connection, you arent going to connect your stock harness to anything on this side. This kit fires right up without it, i grabbed electrical tape and taped the stock piece off.

I was confused and a bit lost before this, this pic was me testing the bulbs to see if they fired up without the stock harness connected on passengerside. (power/ground are wired on the driverside battery/alt. connection)

This is where i mounted the ballast....

More pics on post 2.....
Old 03-15-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

Now here's some pics of the lighting....

Rolling shot @ 10mph, directly behind the wheel. Shouldve got in the middle lane for this one

Standing shot from side of the car, probably wouldve been better if i was in the middle of the road but didnt want to incase a car came by

Kneeling down, right next to bumper...

Some distance from the car...

Ill try and get some head on shots tomorrow night but overall, im really happy with this kit. I think its brighter then the DDM kit i had, but then again. I ran the DDM kit with a bulb kind of out (6000k, hint of blue but passengerside lost that hint of blue color in it). So not exactly sure but these things do light up really good. Camera's not that good either, just a simple cam from wal-mart lol

This post is not just to show you guys my HID kit, lighting & etc. Its also for those of you considering a HID kit and looking for a place that isnt going to leave your pocket empty. Im satisfied with my purchase from VVME and ill be ordering from them again for my Fogs.

Last edited by Badguy7; 03-15-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:48 AM
11 Second Club

Nice, I'd like to see some shots of the lights from outside of the car.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cresent tool boxes are so much better than craftsman! My roomates looks just like that and when you close it and pick it up you dont hear all the tools fall out of their spots.

Oh nice lights too balasts are a little big though
Old 03-16-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Cresent tool boxes are so much better than craftsman! My roomates looks just like that and when you close it and pick it up you dont hear all the tools fall out of their spots.

Oh nice lights too balasts are a little big though
Compared to the DDM ballasts, these are huge lol Got that tool box from my GF this passed christmas. I love it, like you said. Tools arent falling around or anything.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Nice, I'd like to see some shots of the lights from outside of the car.
The 1st light pic was from inside the car, the others are from standing next to it. I do plan on taking more pics though.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah let's see some pics of how they look on the car? Are they a yellowish color or is that just how the pics came out?looks good man,thread might get axed if there not a sponser though,but good info for people looking for a good hid kit,
Old 03-16-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

^ I didnt post a direct link to their website so i dont think it'll get deleted. Atleast i hope not lol

They are white in color, i guess its just how the pics came out. I will get some more pics up tomorrow night.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed HID's from VVME!