Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

VFN cowl hoods for firebirds

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VFN cowl hoods for firebirds

anyone have any pictures of these big mean hoods from the inside of the car. i was wanting to know what kind of sight you would have with one. preferably the 4 and 5 inch raise ones. couldn't find anything. thanks guys
Old 03-17-2011, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably arent many pics out there since those hoods pretty much eclipse sunlight..lol I had a 4" Harwood on my first camaro and as long as you dont need to see anything but what directly in front of you, you should be fine..Hence, 'OFFROAD USE ONLY' Also, pulling into gas stations was a little hairy with those big yellow poles sticking up and you cant see your fender on the pass side. You might be better off if youre taller than 5'9" Ill see if i can find a pic of one for you though...
Old 03-18-2011, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

cool, thanks dude. thats not too bad. im 6' 3''. the only visual impairment i would have is my hair, its like a 15 inches. so i should be alright heheh. my friends make fun of the biggest dude at school driving such a low and tight car. i just tell em im a man and it's a man car and the driver seat is absolutely the most comfortable fit ever
Old 03-18-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 4" WS6 hood on my '00 Trans Am and I got me one of those WWII leather fighter pilot helmets with the goggles and just drive with my head out the window! OK not really but that sucker is HIGH. I'm 5'10" and I had to raise the seat as high as it could go and still need to get me a NY City phone book or a periscope. It just looks so damn mean from outside that I'll sacrifice function for form! Has plenty of space for gauges to mount in the cowl...
Old 03-18-2011, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Swiat34
I It just looks so damn mean from outside that I'll sacrifice function for form! Has plenty of space for gauges to mount in the cowl...
I've got the 5" lift off on my car and have two gauges hiding under it. I should add that mine is the NON-slop hood. I have a blind spot on the front right corner and I'm 6'1. This is the only hood that would clean the carb and air cleaner

Here is a pic of the gauges with the hood off(don't have one with the hood on)

From the front, I should add that this hood fits like garbage and there is no way to get it to line up. The covers on the headlights are not bolted down, they are just sitting on there FWIW

Last edited by Z28/2002; 03-19-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
that looks mean a FUC!

Quick Reply: VFN cowl hoods for firebirds