Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Where to get new headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to get new headlights?

I tried to do the whistler mod to my headlights a few years ago. The lenses were put on too soon causing them to yellow from the inside. They no longer look good at all so it is time to replace them (I tried wetsanding and polishing them to no avail). I have seen some listed as OEM replacements by a brand called depo. They have them in the stock look as well as the face painted in black. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these. I would like the stock look so I could take the lenses off and do the full whistler to these again the proper way this time however I am not sure if they can can be done the same way as they are not GM. If they can't be I would get the painted face. Along with these I see they also have some clear corners I would like to get. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the set from Depo, bought them off Amazon. They were supposed to be the "half" whistler but when I got them in the mail they were "full" whistler. Put them on the car and have yet to have an issue

There is a thread in this section that I posted pics in, might try to search for it
Old 04-01-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Was the price on them good, decent, or bad? I've heard about the "Half Whislter" ones myself but when I go to get some new headlights, either something comes up or I end up buying something else, lol. OP, I ordered a set of Projectors off eBay and liked the looks of them in my car but hated the light out put and lack of adjustment so I ended up going back to the stock ones. Some people on here have said the ones they have gotten off eBay work fine for them and some say otherwise. I can see it since half the time you don't know what to expect from stuff being bought off eBay.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are the Depo ones.

http://www.amazon.com/Driver-Passeng...=pd_rhf_shvl_2

The picture shows the half but it seems they come full whistler from what Z28/2002 got from them but it seems they are not selling them at this moment.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

my old headlights were from them and had no issues with them. 5+years approx. mine were just the regular ones though.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid $120 for them off Amazon. I needed a new driver's side housing since I hit a deer last year so I went ahead and gave these a shot.

Quick Reply: Where to get new headlights?