Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Passenger Door 1/2" pushed in

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Door 1/2" pushed in

Ok, so I just noticed a couple weeks ago that my passengers side door is about 1/2" offset from the front quarter panel. What I mean is it looks like it was pushed in, yet I can't find anywhere on the door or the hinge that shows it being moved/damaged/dented in. It runs the entire height of the door on the front side only. There doesn't seem to be any rub spots, so I am confused as to what could have caused this. Any ideas would be helpful, and once I get back to the states from this deployment I am on I will do more investigating.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

Your fender is probably popped out from someone jacking it up by the mounting tabs underneath the car, which is very common. Have any pics?
Old 04-02-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I'm reading this correctly I had the same problem. Open the door and look behind the hinge and see if you can spot a bolt that's holding the front qtr panel and loosen it. You can push the panel in some then tighten the bolt to keep it in place.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crazyelf
Your fender is probably popped out from someone jacking it up by the mounting tabs underneath the car, which is very common. Have any pics?
I will see if someone who is watching my stuff can take a pic and send it to me. I am currently deployed for some stupid stuff going on and don't really know when I will get back.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazyelf
I think this might be the case too. I had the same problem here, from this pic (cheap fix, think it was about $50 for a body shop to bend the panel back and redo the mount).

Sorry the pic's so big, but it's the only one I have on photobucket that shows what I mean.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

$50?? Too much. Just unbolt the two bolts on the bottom of the fender and tap the metal over. maybe use a 2x4 and a hammer... like I did. haha.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

My door looks almost exactly like 99FormulaM6r's except the bottom trim panel isn't pushed in and the entire door where it swings is in 1/2". I guess when I get back to the US I will take it to a body shop to see if they can find out what it it.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greendrazil
$50?? Too much. Just unbolt the two bolts on the bottom of the fender and tap the metal over. maybe use a 2x4 and a hammer... like I did. haha.
From what I remember, I don't think the spots for the bolts were even there anymore (or at least useable)

I know what you mean though!