Old 04-12-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

i already have NXT 2.0 and i like it so i might as well finish it up
Old 04-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
HOK Kandy Apple Brandywine Acrylic Laquer.
love the color!
if you have the paint codes i wouldnt mind having them for a future project
Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Topless TA
love the color!
if you have the paint codes i wouldnt mind having them for a future project
They stopped making that paint 20 years ago

They make it in urathane now but im not sure of the paint code. Im sure you can contact house of kolors and find out.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up some DuraGloss 105, it's one of those LSPs that all the big dogs swear by, as far as durability. I'm gonna section off an old hood, prep it properly, and try different LSPs. I'll leave it out in the sun by my shop, wash it every few weeks, and check the duability of each product over time.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

How do you guys feel about Meguire's Ultimate Compound?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Austin95
How do you guys feel about Meguire's Ultimate Compound?
I ran out of M105 one day on site (I carry extra now) and had to go get some Ultimate Compound. It did the job, but I wasn't impressed with it. More difficult to work and remove and didn't cut as well or finish down as well. M105 walks all over Ultimate Compound.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
I ran out of M105 one day on site (I carry extra now) and had to go get some Ultimate Compound. It did the job, but I wasn't impressed with it. More difficult to work and remove and didn't cut as well or finish down as well. M105 walks all over Ultimate Compound.
I found the same thing.

However, I've switched to the DA MF D300 for most of my corrections now. The time it takes to do a two steps along with the netted results are astounding.

Now, there is a definitely a need for M105 for heavy corrections etc but I've done some great stuff with D300 and D301. Speed, pressure, the amount of product, and how often you clean the pad play a great role in how much cut/shine you can obtain. It's definitely a system I grab first now.

Not to mention the virtual free dusting is AMAZING.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
I found the same thing.

However, I've switched to the DA MF D300 for most of my corrections now. The time it takes to do a two steps along with the netted results are astounding.

Now, there is a definitely a need for M105 for heavy corrections etc but I've done some great stuff with D300 and D301. Speed, pressure, the amount of product, and how often you clean the pad play a great role in how much cut/shine you can obtain. It's definitely a system I grab first now.

Not to mention the virtual free dusting is AMAZING.

What machine are you using with the MF system ?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

Skip the Porter Cable and get the Flex 3401. I have both, the Flex owns the PC. Currently using Menzerna Super Intensive/Nano polishes + Wolfgang Deep Gloss car sealant.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gipraw
What machine are you using with the MF system ?
Porter Cable.

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Skip the Porter Cable and get the Flex 3401. I have both, the Flex owns the PC. Currently using Menzerna Super Intensive/Nano polishes + Wolfgang Deep Gloss car sealant.
I've read multiple write ups where the Flex just didn't "work". And this isn't from some joe who decided to buy the machine and start using.

We're talking Nick Chapman and a few other nationally known detailers so I'm interested in what other products you use and the type of corrections you're tackling.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:14 AM
12 Second Club

That Wolfgang sealant is freakin awesome! My car looks wet after I did the 105/205 on it this past wkd. I put some Nattys red paste on top of that.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Porter Cable.

I've read multiple write ups where the Flex just didn't "work". And this isn't from some joe who decided to buy the machine and start using.

We're talking Nick Chapman and a few other nationally known detailers so I'm interested in what other products you use and the type of corrections you're tackling.
I have seen where several guys are saying the Flex doesn't work well with the new MF process.

I use my Flex a ton for heavier cutting, but I don't like the way it finishes down, so I almost always burnish with a DA or a rotary.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have seen where several guys are saying the Flex doesn't work well with the new MF process.

I use my Flex a ton for heavier cutting, but I don't like the way it finishes down, so I almost always burnish with a DA or a rotary.
it's a forced rotation tool. The MF system was designed with the PC type machines in mind. Specifically the PC, G110 & V2/G100 along with the griots piece.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

it's a forced rotation tool. The MF system was designed with the PC type machines in mind. Specifically the PC, G110 & V2/G100 along with the griots piece.
Yep. I am thinking about giving the MF stuff a try, but keeping up with all the new stuff gets expensive.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep. I am thinking about giving the MF stuff a try, but keeping up with all the new stuff gets expensive.
It's always nice having a few different tools and methods to do corrections. Some work well on different paints where others don't at all.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

I've read multiple write ups where the Flex just didn't "work". And this isn't from some joe who decided to buy the machine and start using. We're talking Nick Chapman and a few other nationally known detailers so I'm interested in what other products you use and the type of corrections you're tackling.
Nationally known detailers? Lol. Link please? I'm on several detailing forums and the only thing Flex users use their PCs for now is pretty much applying and removing wax. Only place the PC beats the Flex is price and weight. Period. I'm guessing you don't own one but hey, you read it on the internet so it must be true. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-do-my-pc.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...lly-worth.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...g-flex-pc.html
Many on that site ^^ own detailing businesses.

Last edited by INMY01TA; 04-25-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Nationally known detailers? Lol. Link please? I'm on several detailing forums and the only thing Flex users use their PCs for now is pretty much applying and removing wax. Only place the PC beats the Flex is price and weight. Period. I'm guessing you don't own one but hey, you read it on the internet so it must be true. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-do-my-pc.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...lly-worth.html
Flex users... not professional detailers. Big difference between what he was talking about and what you just brought up.

PCs can do pretty much anything and lots of products have been introduced in the last 2 years that take full advantage of that machine. Its a serious tool in the hands of a pro. Many seasoned pros have hung up their rotaries to exclusively use the PC.

Flex is a good tool, but a compromise between 2 good tools (rotary and PC) is gonna have drawbacks and that is why it doesn't have as big of a following.

Bottom line is no reason to ditch the PC. I've used all the machines and while the Flex works, I don't like it. I'll stick to my rotary and PC.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

Flex users... not professional detailers. Big difference between what he was talking about and what you just brought up.
Bullshit. Lots of pro detailers there. Including his boy Nick Chapman. Here he is saying he uses his Flex. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...tml#post431089

I've been reading up and the only time people say it "doesn't work" is with some new MF pads. (of course Nick apparently feels otherwise). I have a ton of Lake Country foam pads and the PC sucks with em. Apply anyone pressure with it and it stops spinning. Anyone who owns both knows this. Guys in that thread I linked above in this post say they prefer the GG DA, not the PC.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Bullshit. Lots of pro detailers there. Including his boy Nick Chapman. Here he is saying he uses his Flex. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...tml#post431089

I've been reading up and the only time people say it "doesn't work" is with some new MF pads. (of course Nick apparently feels otherwise). I have a ton of Lake Country foam pads and the PC sucks with em. Apply anyone pressure with it and it stops spinning. Anyone who owns both knows this. Guys in that thread I linked above in this post say they prefer the GG DA, not the PC.
Whoa, take it easy there killer.

Yes there ARE pros who use it. I was just highlighting you didn't make a direct comparison in your text. In the link, sure there are some pros in there. Again not everyone is gonna read the links either. But no point in arguing over that.

I've been using the PC and PCXP and Lake Country pads for 6+ years and don't have any problem with them slowing down except when exerting TOO much pressure, or purposefully doing it using the Kevin Brown Method. The PC and LC are one of the easiest and best producing combos out there, not sure why youre having issues with them, but I've used them sucessfully for hundreds of cars.

Oh and yes, many like the new GG over the PC, but they are basically the same machine, unlike the Flex.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

Whoa, take it easy there killer. The PC and LC are one of the easiest and best producing combos out there, not sure why youre having issues with them, but I've used them sucessfully for hundreds of cars.
I don't have issues using the PC, it works albeit not as well, I used it for many years. Compared to the Flex tho most find it subpar and soon look to upgrade. Would you feel better if I used the BS smiley () instead?

Quick Reply: Lets Talk Exterior Detailing...