Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Lets Talk Exterior Detailing...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
I don't have issues using the PC, it works albeit not as well, I used it for many years. Compared to the Flex tho most find it subpar and soon look to upgrade. Would you feel better if I used the BS smiley () instead?
I don't think its BS at all...especially since it works so well for so many people. But if it doesn't work for you, then glad you could find something that does.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use the PC XP with Adam's polishes, and love it, never used the flex but decided not to go with it because of it not being able to apply wax
Old 04-25-2011, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
I don't think its BS at all...especially since it works so well for so many people. But if it doesn't work for you, then glad you could find something that does.
Wasn't saying the PC was bullshit, I was saying it's BS that I get called "average Joe" by the 1st guy (aren't we all average Joes here? ) for recommending something that he doesn't own based on something some professional supposedly said that I offered evidence to the contrary of and then you further acknowledge that myself and others in the links I posted are just "Flex users" and not professional detailers.

Originally Posted by CamaroSS27
I use the PC XP with Adam's polishes, and love it, never used the flex but decided not to go with it because of it not being able to apply wax
I apply wax with mine all the time... Just turn the speed down.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My apologies you took my post out of context. I never pin pointed you, I was referencing just what I said. I've used the flex more than a handful of times and I didn't like it (you're pretty good at assuming things I see) I'm sorry if you took offense but this isn't my first rodeo either.

As gofast has stated, tons of detailers, including Nick have stated time and time again they will go to the pc before their rotaries. The new MF system is a perfect example. He may use the Flex yes, but straight from his mouth he has informed me there are times it didn't work...and not just with the MF system. Again with what he stated, so many products have come out and changed the way PC's are being able to be used. Optimum hyper spray compound is another.

I've been around Nick and text him here and there. (he is local to me after all so don't think I don't know).

Maybe I should have been a little more clear, there are times where those professional detailers have said the flex didn't work for what they were doing. Nick has told me this multiple times on the phone and through text...and even offered to let me come play with his before spending the cash.

I simply asked you a few questions to get your feedback. (still not answered) I don't understand the hostility. But okay.

I've been using the PC and foam pads (and hybrids) for years now with out any problems and have obtained amazing results from swirls, oxidation, rids, and removing wet sanding marks. I've had a few fail which were sent off to LC and put up on their "wall of fail". lol

What type of problems were you experiencing? What type of corrections and combinations were you tackling/using?

Last edited by BadCompany VP WS6; 04-26-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Clay car first after washing.

I use a flex orbital, and use grey LC for polish/waxing. I use the orange LC pads for cutting, and use appropriate abrasive level swirl removal. Start with least aggressive. The flex unit will do more work faster than a the porter cable 7424. Both get you where you want. (I have both)

Check out autogeek.net and autopia
Old 05-23-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

subscribed as I am in the market for a good kit
Old 05-25-2011, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97LT1
Clay car first after washing.

I use a flex orbital, and use grey LC for polish/waxing. I use the orange LC pads for cutting, and use appropriate abrasive level swirl removal. Start with least aggressive. The flex unit will do more work faster than a the porter cable 7424. Both get you where you want. (I have both)

Check out autogeek.net and autopia
I have both as well and agree with you.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check out some of GoFast908Z threads of his details... He does the best work of anyone i've seen on the site. I would listen to him before anyone.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 896 Likes on 638 Posts

Glad I found this thread. I asked pretty much the same thing a week or so ago and didn't get much response. I would imagine its gets asked often but the search function yielded no results.

I was taking a look at Adam's site and how he has his products/pads matched. For me who knows nothing about this type of stuff I think it would be easier for me to start out with something like that than guessing.

The videos are nice too to get me familiar with the process.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 01CaMMMaro
Check out some of GoFast908Z threads of his details... He does the best work of anyone i've seen on the site. I would listen to him before anyone.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Glad I found this thread. I asked pretty much the same thing a week or so ago and didn't get much response. I would imagine its gets asked often but the search function yielded no results.

I was taking a look at Adam's site and how he has his products/pads matched. For me who knows nothing about this type of stuff I think it would be easier for me to start out with something like that than guessing.

The videos are nice too to get me familiar with the process.
Adams is good, but I'd look at the Meguiars 105/205 PC kit or Menzerna Ceramic SIP/106FA PC kits at Autogeek too.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Not too brag but I want to show what a Porter cable can do.

My friend and I have been detailing for a while now as a hobby and this car was done exclusively with a PC only. If you give it some time and use the right combinations of pads and compound it will work out fine. This car was done just this past weekend.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...arrera-4s.html

A rotary in the right hands is the best you can get for quality work in a timely manner, never mind its much better jeweling abilities, but you just gotta find the combo that works for you and the car.

I still think for a beginner the PC kits are the best to get. There are a lot of people here with a wealth of info to guide you in the right direction, just take it all for what its worth and be willing to try out different things. Once you find a general process just stick with it.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 896 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z

Adams is good, but I'd look at the Meguiars 105/205 PC kit or Menzerna Ceramic SIP/106FA PC kits at Autogeek too.
Thanks man. I will definitely do that.

Jason

Quick Reply: Lets Talk Exterior Detailing...