Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Light Colored Leather Cleaning Tip...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Light Colored Leather Cleaning Tip...

Ive just stumbled across this, Cleaning my Lexus Es300. I bought the car and the seats were tan. The windows were also tinted 20%-ish. I removed the Tint and found out that my seats were actually the lighter color between grey and white .

Ive tried lots of products on them to clean them not only quickly but effectively, MR clean magic eraser i was told was a good one. My seats ate 4 of them up and i didnt even hit the back seats and the fronts were still dirty.

I then tried Tough stuff, It worked but it wasnt working fast. Its also hard to use if its warm/sunny outside. It will dry to fast. There are also alot of other leather cleaners out there, but they arnt meant for 10 year old neglected seats, they can damage them more then they can help them.

Heres my tip, Mr clean Magic eraser + tough stuff. Literally cleans it in 1 scrub of the eraser. Doesnt need to sit and soak in to work.

Another reason this is good is because if you go to your grocery store you can normally find generic "eraser cleaners" and the bottle of "Tough Stuff" for under 10$. Some of the leather cleaning products can get upwards of 30$.

If your looking for something to clean those seats, try this method and i bet youll be suprised. Scrub lightly, and always use a leather protector/conditioner afterwards.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Lexol leather cleaner, it is ph balanced to clean leather safely. Only costs like 5 dollars and you can get it at carquest (not sure if anyone else carries it). Works great on my seats. Then I use mcguiers leather conditioner after that to help preserve the leather and give it some moisture.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Yea i would classify that lexol as a cleaner for people who clean their seats regularly. The seats that get neglected for so long look at lexol and laugh haha.

I got some pics that ill have to upload of how quick this method works, its awesome.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

heres some pics...this was spraying the Tuff Stuff on it, making a scrub or two with the magis eraser, and wiping it off with a microfiber....everything else i tried wouldnt do much to them, glad i found something that worked and worked fast! the whole interior was that way, i just showed a small small portion lol.

Last edited by trilkb; 04-10-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the tip. Ill have to try that out on my leather in the Tahoe.

Quick Reply: Light Colored Leather Cleaning Tip...